Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Promaster 2500 - 159
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know what the attached 250amp fuse goes to? I have looked but can’t find anything. It runs up to a 50amp fuse from there then disappears under the drivers seat.

can I add my VictronConnect dc/dc charger to this lug? I will have another break about 1ft from it, running To theback of the van.
Motor vehicle Electronic device Gas Auto part Trunk
Motor vehicle Electronic device Gas Auto part Trunk

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Added by a previous owner maybe? That fuse spot is normally empty unless you have the AUX SWITCH factory option. But even that probably wouldn't be 250A. I'd find out where it goes first, but that is the spot where many of us connect our alternator charger (DC-DC or isolator).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is OEM… like I said it runs about 6 inches to a 50a. Maybe the aux?

So is consensus is b2b off if it is a bad idea?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That cable looks to be user-made, though I'd be wary of running 250A through any serious length... How long is that cable run?
hi, missed your question.
my plan is to run my dc/dc off of the 250amp fuse, it will run about 12 inches to a 60a breaker, then run about 12 ft to the actually dc/dc charger.

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,755 Posts
My 2018 also has the 250A fuse (I also don't know what it's for).

I've run my DC-DC charger to the 70A fuse that's next to it. I believe the 70A fuse goes to the upfitter's connector on the passenger B-pillar (but can't fully remember). Anyhow, the 70A capacity is a nice fit for my 40A DC-DC charger and its cable.

Electrical wiring Auto part Motor vehicle Wire Cable

At some point, I will put a 100A breaker on that line, but for now, the 70A fuse should be enough protection.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,378 Posts
apparently you two have the same option

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2018 also has the 250A fuse (I also don't know what it's for).

I've run my DC-DC charger to the 70A fuse that's next to it. I believe the 70A fuse goes to the upfitter's connector on the passenger B-pillar (but can't fully remember). Anyhow, the 70A capacity is a nice fit for my 40A DC-DC charger and its cable.

View attachment 78853

At some point, I will put a 100A breaker on that line, but for now, the 70A fuse should be enough protection.
Thanks so much! I will swap and up the breaker. Much appreciated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts