Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order a new 3500 Extended Diesel for a camper conversion. Does anyone know what the Rear Heat and AC Prep Pkg does? Should I get this? Or is it for a passenger van set up.

Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone familiar with this option? Dealer doesn't seem to know much about it and I can't find anything online.
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,500 Posts
It is just the tee connections installed into the heater hose's and the refrigerant lines, is what I believe it to be. Someone on this forum has it, I believe, and that is what they said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a late response. We ordered in October, it arrived about 4 weeks ago, and I'm trying to set up installation for a rear air conditioning unit. The only one that seems accessible is a Webasto product, and I was told that the company doesn't use the provided connections for DC or for the compressor. So, I'm not sure what the benefit is, after adding the option.

Others have said that the dash air is very good in these vans, but ours is new, and at 80F, with half of the insulation installed (still working on it), it was a sweat box. I took it to the dealer and they found a resistor that wasn't working properly. The tint in the windshield, driver's door, passenger door and rear doors doesn't do much to reduce heat, so we will also be installing Rayco film.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts