Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the buy back lemons? do they have to reveal it on paperwork? like a salvage title, or can they just sell as a certified vehicle?

·
Registered
186 Posts
In WA State yes it must be disclosed here if it was a buy back thru the Lemon Law. However in my case I did not go thru the Lemon Law as FCA preempted that with a customer satisfaction buy back and replacement. So mine was sold without any notice to the next owner owner, since it was ultimately repaired someone got a good deal on a very low mile diesel.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
If it actually goes through the Lemon Law process filed by the previous owner then most states require a notification and a sticker on the vehicle on its left side door. For those vehicles you would know. Many vehicles are buy backs but did not get passed through the lemon law process. These get sold at dealers often with no notice on carfax or disclosure. The internet is full of stories and examples and reports by lawyers and owners who have been through this. Some of it is probably true. Don’t assume it was fixed, it may have been but lots of reports suggest it may not be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow good reason to buy new! you have a safe way out if.

·
Registered
186 Posts
True in a lot if not most cases

If it actually goes through the Lemon Law process filed by the previous owner then most states require a notification and a sticker on the vehicle on its left side door. For those vehicles you would know. Many vehicles are buy backs but did not get passed through the lemon law process. These get sold at dealers often with no notice on carfax or disclosure. The internet is full of stories and examples and reports by lawyers and owners who have been through this. Some of it is probably true. Don’t assume it was fixed, it may have been but lots of reports suggest it may not be.
What RD states is true in a lot of the buy backs, they don't always get fixed and the new owner finds out the hard way. Mine was however repaired and given back to me while I waited for the replacement. I drove it 5000 plus miles with no issues after the repairs were finally done, so in this case it was a good buy for someone.
If someone is looking at a low mile used vehicle I always recommend getting the service history form a dealer first. It will show there for sure any previous issues.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
If someone is looking at a low mile used vehicle I always recommend getting the service history form a dealer first. It will show there for sure any previous issues.
That is good advice. It is exactly what I did recently when I bought my second Promaster. It was a used 2014 gasser, and I had them pull all the service records on it, and I could see everything that was done to it.

-t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts