Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys love about the Ram ProMaster?

For me it has to be the hinge on the rear doors that help it swing open all the way to sit flush with the body instead of opening up to 90 degree's and stopping their. See visuals below.

This along with the lower floor just makes loading and unloading the Ram Promaster easier, always hated having to walk around doors.

·
Registered
363 Posts
any idea how heavy the promaster's rear doors are? with a hitch that does more than most door hinges out their, I would be considered about door sagging in the future due to the hinge slowly giving up over time. i've seen it happen to passenger vehicles with crazy hinges like this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It could be an issue in the future for the doors to sag but if anything I think you can just somehow bend them back in to place or re align them. I wouldn't expect too much for a van of this type though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
any idea how heavy the promaster's rear doors are? with a hitch that does more than most door hinges out their, I would be considered about door sagging in the future due to the hinge slowly giving up over time. i've seen it happen to passenger vehicles with crazy hinges like this.
They look pretty sturdy to me. just depends on how you treat the door really and keeping it in shape. If you constantly swing the door open hard what do you think will happen.

Not sure you could bend them back but I would invest in a new set of hinges if anything. Cheap cost to make them brand new again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For the segment it is in. I think it is the best one of the bunch. The cabin space is amazing. It's overall look is very appealing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like it's simple design, and of course the space. I think the other companies like Mercedes is trying to hard to make it stylish. It doesn't really appeal to me. It should be about business. And I think the Promaster does a better job of looking the part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts