Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just was wondering what people like or dislike about our little forum here. I have found people to be incredibly knowledgeable and helpful on this forum. It seems that most questions I have posed on the forum have been answered.

What do you guys think of the forum? The good? The bad? Anything interesting?

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I like the civility and lack of obscenities. I am not prude and can curse with the best but I believe we have sung the pendulum far enough in that direction. Civil people can disagree without being labeled for their ideas and are then more willing to share helping us all.

I appreciate we have a reasonable representation of men and women, owners and prospective owners. Welcome to all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Like the crowd, like the fact that there doesn't seem to be any hateful, name calling, so far.
Like that I haven't been picked on for owning a Sprinter :)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have been caught up "so to speak" and I look back and think its only a van.
Still having fun with it.
I like the easy going relaxed atmosphere .

·
Registered
338 Posts
I live in my parents basement, so this is the only source of enjoyment for me! Just kidding. Seriously, I enjoy the diverse owners and all the useful info/tips/discussions on making the PM better for all of us. Things I don't like-some of the complaints like the emergency brake/seating position/non tilting steering making mountains out of mole hills. I mean, really? I looked at/test drove my PM multiple times before I purchased If you didn't like these minor issues why did you buy it?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Hi,
I like this forum a lot.

Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people and a good data bank of PM info and how to help. For example, just the other day, Proeddie's writeup on how to install a gps on the clipboard and get power to it saved me hours messing around trying to figure it out for myself.

One improvement you might consider. Some of the strings of posts describing conversions of PM's to camper vans or the like get very long and hard to follow and hard to find something you know you saw is in there somewhere. If you could provide for the first post to be an index of the rest of the posts and allow it to be edited as new posts are added, that would be helpful.

Thanks to the folks that take time to maintain and moderate the forum.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,107 Posts
You are absolutely correct Gary! It's not a bad idea to create new threads for new subjects and to search for old threads that need more input, either. It's easy to just keep adding on old threads and getting off track and we should all be more careful (including me);)

I like the fact that most everyone here stays on the subject - Promasters. I occasionally drop in on the Transit site to see what's happening and I find it very hard to negotiate. i'm not registered there so perhaps that's part of the problem. The Sprinter site has a lot of good info on conversions but they do not stick to the subject for very long and, unfortunately, they have a lot of very opinionated members who seem more interested in politics and religion than Sprinters.:(

On the negative side, I'm not a big fan of white lettering on a black background. I believe the reverse is a lot easier on the eyes. Back in the old days (Spring 2014) there was a lot of discussion on this format and the white on black won out and I've become used to it now:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Hi,

One improvement you might consider. Some of the strings of posts describing conversions of PM's to camper vans or the like get very long and hard to follow and hard to find something you know you saw is in there somewhere. If you could provide for the first post to be an index of the rest of the posts and allow it to be edited as new posts are added, that would be helpful.
Gary
Good idea, that would require allowing members to change their post. I don't know why, but this forum does not allow a user to modify his post after a certain period.

But there is a very useful feature to find info., the search button (top right). It is "googled" powered, so it works pretty good. Maybe we should use it more often before starting a new topic on a subject that has been already addressed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like the fact that most everyone here stays on the subject - Promasters. I occasionally drop in on the Transit site to see what's happening and I find it very hard to negotiate. i'm not registered there so perhaps that's part of the problem. The Sprinter site has a lot of good info on conversions but they do not stick to the subject for very long and, unfortunately, they have a lot of very opinionated members who seem more interested in politics and religion than Sprinters.:(:
Absolutely agree with you on both issues above, and I'm a moderator on the Transit forum!
The Sprinter forum has a bunch of people over there that think the Sprinter is the only van in the world that anyone should even consider as it's the best quality van ever. Snobs over there also

·
Registered
55 Posts
All this talk about Promasters! Blah, blah, blah. Promaster this and Promaster that!

Huh?...This is the Promaster forum??

Oh...Nevermind.

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts