Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone or multiple someone's here use small propane tanks as spares if their 20 lb tank runs out.
What fitting do you use to connect? I stopped by the propane place and they said there is no such fitting because regulations say the small ones are only for camping.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,281 Posts
Someone or multiple someone's here use small propane tanks as spares if their 20 lb tank runs out.
What fitting do you use to connect? I stopped by the propane place and they said there is no such fitting because regulations say the small ones are only for camping.
something like this?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Glass bottle Bottle

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
543 Posts
i think this what I use plus a regulator since mine doesn't have it built into the stove.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes just like those. Now why would an actual propane store tell me it doesn't exist??

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,281 Posts
He just got hired from McDonalds, give him a break :)

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
They may be dangerous. No pressure relieve valve possibly. Some people swear by them other at them.
Personly I wouldn’t (don’t) have propane in my van so I only have to worry about my two golf cart batteries exploding as I didn't (don’t) vent them.🙀

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
468 Posts
Get a 5lb tank. I have been using one for the cook top for years and it fits almost anywhere being 12.8" tall and 8" around:
5lb tank

They are not cheap but the portability is worth it for me.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a 5lb tank. I have been using one for the cook top for years and it fits almost anywhere being 12.8" tall and 8" around:
5lb tank

1 lb tank to fit in the corners of my 20 lb locker. Just for emergency anyway. With the so-called "steak saver". Will only use it if my propane monitor fails or we get too lazy to refill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have a good setup for 1lb holder? Wanted to a 1lb tank for my outdoor shower heater.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When removing the 1 lb tank, make sure to undo the tank to the adapter first. If you undo the adapter to the regulator/hose, the adapter keeps the tank's valve open so you end up spewing propane until you can get the adapter off the tank. Or at least that's how ours works.

·
Registered
125 Posts
5lb tank

Do you have any problems or issues getting you 5lb tank filled by the normal propane type stores/garages/gas stations? Any weird or novelty fittings or adapters?

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
468 Posts
Do you have any problems or issues getting you 5lb tank filled by the normal propane type stores/garages/gas stations? Any weird or novelty fittings or adapters?
Nope, it has the exact same fittings as the 20lb "BBQ" tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts