Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Now that I think that my dealer is cutting me deep for an extended warranty how much have you paid, what coverage and service did you get with your ProMaster?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nothing! I would never under any circumstances buy an extended warranty. They have been proven to be not worthwhile. That being said my dealer gave me 3 years of free oil changes which I will not use as I prefer to do my own and will use synthetic oil. My last van lasted 420,000 miles and is still going strong and I did ALL the maintenance on it...

·
Registered
399 Posts
...my dealer gave me 3 years of free oil changes which I will not use as I prefer to do my own and will use synthetic oil...
I got that freebie once. I normally change it myself too but I took advantage of their offer and brought in my own oil and filter. They had no problem using it and it saved me disposing of the old oil.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think extended warranty is a waste of money. i think it's their for people who want to feel better about keeping a vehicle for the long term.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the way you guys think and I was on the fence but leaning strongly towards not getting an extended but staying with the factory.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I paid $900 for an extra 5 years of coverage (8 total) on a limited production Italian motorcycle that cost more than 2 Promasters. Even the biggest extended warranty hater in the world (someone like me for example) would have jumped at that. Never say never :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts