Ram Promaster Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1734 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I see no reason why it couldn't be used to just cover seams.
It's consistency is like white silicone caulk that's watered down thin enough to put on with a brush. But it's still very thick and sets up very quickly. You have to be completely ready to go and no pauses (for a large surface). It starts to skin and get little boogers in it after about 10 min.
For just doing a few seams, that wouldn't be an issue.
$100/gal? That's an issue.
Eterna bond tape was mentioned.
I don't know if the tape or silicone would last longer. No experience with the tape or how it lays down, if it needs to be replaced every so often, etc. The silicone obviously leaves no air gap and seals really well, but I expect needing to refresh it every few years. I haven't heard anything negative about the eterna bond yet and I'm pretty sure a few members used it awhile ago, for seams, around vents, etc.
Yes, I was intrigued to read your post about the silicone-like paint...because I had been looking into Eternabond and wasn't happy about how expensive it was. Then I saw how expensive the paint was (here in Canada). :)

I have a feeling that Eternabond would last longer than the silicone but am not certain (I'm only going on how silicone caulk at home doesn't last).

·
Registered
2019 Ram PM 3500 High Top 159" WB EXT
43 Posts
The other day I removed the side panels in the van then vacuumed the floor and inside the wall crevices with the shop vac to remove any metal shavings/debris. Today I trimmed the trees along my driveway so the branches aren't scraping the top of the van, then I cleaned the surface rust that had accumulated from metal shavings. Can only do like 45 mins of work outside in the summer in Florida before I'm drenched in sweat and getting headaches, so I'm just trying to do a little bit each day...

IMG_20200728_123400.jpg
IMG_20200729_164239.jpg
IMG_20200729_174400.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
185 Posts
Ordered a Berkey water filter.
Ahh, where to put it? Got to do it right.
Read bad things about plastic bottles, the way I used to carry water...
I have a Berkey I will eventually install but I bought it years ago and it is sadly the largest size. At any rate, I've been 'dream designing' as I fall asleep at night and had a vision that I could make a cabinet (heaven knows where that can go in my small PM though) at a good height with a pullout to which the Berkey is somehow affixed, so it can be hidden when not in use, can be filled without a nuisance, and the spigot would be slightly over the end of the pullout so it could be easily used to get water out without having to lift it up so something will fit under the spigot.

They should make square Berkeys imho.

·
Registered
2019 136wh hr ProMaster
53 Posts
Just ordered the smaller 5" wide one in charcoal. So yes, I'm another one who didn't plan for a trash can. I will likely attached from the bottom w/ male velcro onto the bedbug, which I'm learning velcro sticks to it like glue.

·
Registered
707 Posts
serenity it's a spacer that goes between the flat vent/fan and the ribbed roof . Little Mother's vent is going on the flat above the cab , won't need the spacer .

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a Berkey I will eventually install but I bought it years ago and it is sadly the largest size. At any rate, I've been 'dream designing' as I fall asleep at night and had a vision that I could make a cabinet (heaven knows where that can go in my small PM though) at a good height with a pullout to which the Berkey is somehow affixed, so it can be hidden when not in use, can be filled without a nuisance, and the spigot would be slightly over the end of the pullout so it could be easily used to get water out without having to lift it up so something will fit under the spigot.

They should make square Berkeys imho.
I think it should be front and center.
Pushing water in the desert is key. Met a guy, second time, that now I know was dehydrated, jabbering, making no sense. Now, would get him some water. Brain and organ damage can happen quick, might be permanent.
Make water Easy to get to and use.

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
185 Posts
I think it should be front and center.
Pushing water in the desert is key. Met a guy, second time, that now I know was dehydrated, jabbering, making no sense. Now, would get him some water. Brain and organ damage can happen quick, might be permanent.
Make water Easy to get to and use.
I see people who strap theirs on in a corner on the galley. Yep .. it's front and center in that you can immediately see it but to get water out of it (or into it if you have upper cabinets) you have to unstrap it and move it out the edge of the counter or you have to elevate it which means no uppers in that area in most vans (most certainly in my low roof).

·
Registered
2019 Ram PM 3500 High Top 159" WB EXT
43 Posts
Worked on my Armoire cabinet and mounted the drawer fronts, latches from Expedition Upfitter. They latch and lock all in one step. I'll be working on editing an install video soon.
... cut
I LOVE that color. Do you have the paint code (is that a thing?) for it?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I see people who strap theirs on in a corner on the galley. Yep .. it's front and center in that you can immediately see it but to get water out of it (or into it if you have upper cabinets) you have to unstrap it and move it out the edge of the counter or you have to elevate it which means no uppers in that area in most vans (most certainly in my low roof).
Last year, a case of bottled water per large milk crate supplied my water.
Never liked the blue 5 gal jugs.
This year, need to work out a way to store and add water to the Berkey.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really like those latches. Why did you put a drawer behind the door instead of having it accessible directly like the others?
It will be the wife's makeup/sundries/crap drawer that we wanted only accessible when the door is opened. One less drawer latch to buy/install to boot. Drawer front paint is drying now. We'll be putting a mirror on the inside but don't want a glass one that could break and may do an acrylic.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Re: Berkey and campervaning. I'm currently investigating them for use in my van. Just an FYI, there are recommended procedures for when you want to leave it unattended for longer periods of time.

Are users of Berkeys happy with them? (Looking for feedback)

1701 - 1720 of 1734 Posts