Ram Promaster Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1472 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
I like it and if you roll the van the carpet on the ceiling will thsn be underfoot where it belongs!

·
Super Moderator
8,013 Posts
I screwed ¼” plywood to the ribs then made cardboard aided design patterns cut out the carpet and glued it up. I put the adhesive on the plywood first and used 9/16” staples to hold it in place till it set. 3 pieces all together. Then I covered the joints with oak trim.
Here’s a before half-done photo

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Nicely done! I glued my carpet to the plywood (no, 1/4", not 3/4") and then used a few screws to hold it in place. Did that last season. Probably should put the cover trim strips up this year!

But then I'd be done! I like to think of the van as an ongoing project!

Hope things settle down and we get to see the new van this summer...

·
Super Moderator
8,013 Posts
Does your Maxx fan have the smoke lid? Is that the one that looks black from the outside but can see through from inside?
I found a 4 spd in "smoke" for $145.
Yes it does. It’s much nicer than the white one as you can see the stars if you have too much to drink and are laying on the floor

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discovered that I have a dead starter battery. I've been so busy working and not going anywhere that it has become a bit of a project keeping all the vehicle batteries charged. I have a Battery Minder, but I may need to get another one.

You'd think with plenty of solar on the roof I should be able to find some way to keep the starter battery topped off...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I forget what method of charger/isolator you use, but I imagine there's a way to have your solar tend your starter occasionally (or regularly), even if it requires a manual swapping of connections

·
Registered
255 Posts
Worked on my upper inside corner braces to secure my wall panels/boards. Did I over engineer again? I swear I make the simple complex, just how my brain works. 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood I made from scraps. Will prime and seal and install using a rivnut on the angled upper corner.
20200510_143740.jpg
20200510_143800.jpg

1421 - 1440 of 1472 Posts