Ram Promaster Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1345 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've never seen the vents that others have shown. I've got vents in my corner pockets below the rear lights. I've got the 3500 ext and not sure if they configured it differently.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You won't get any appreciable warmth from the Webasto except from its outlet vent. If you draw cold air from under the bed, you will also be drawing warm air under there to replace it. Bringing warm air to a cold location may invite moisture issues. See my build blog as to how I circulate the air above the bed rather than below.
Sorry, I'll be drawing cold air from the garage but will push it out the front of the bed wall. Similar to your setup. I really was set on installing it under the front passenger seat but routing the intake and exhaust would seem difficult. I'll have easier access to it from the garage and I won't have to relocate the tire changing box.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
105 Posts
Installed running boards on the PM, happy with the look. But sliding under the van just got harder. Use the ionic factory style. No drilling, did use Rivnuts instead of the supplied cross nuts. Took about 2-1/2 hours. Also took the seat bases out, to be cut down. Took them to my muffler shop. In his slow time he builds hot rods and motorbikes. See how it goes.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Nice job on the running boards. Not much space under there to work! I installed the Carr hoop steps and they were tough to locate, drill and mount. But worth it!

Lotsa room without the front seats... that would make a lot more camper space if you left 'em out.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
105 Posts
I had ordered the Carr Hoops, like the more rugged look, was ready to open the box. Then found the factory style on Amazon as an open box and went for it, more city looking to me. Today added an eBay armrest to the passenger seat. I just used a 1/4-20 drill tap into the seat's frame. Seems great, hated cutting the seat covers. I've been running around with plastic bags on the seats while doing the conversion. Bought from Costco a couple of seat covers for the front seat to protect them. Put them on, seems to fit pretty well.

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
I pulled the cover off the top on my diesel engine to observe what the past 4 days of rain have done to wet the engine. Not bad really. In fact the well between the camshafts was dry and the injectors looked shiny on the left and slightly rust colored on the right. No alarm but I shot it all with a water repellent you can see in the picture..
Injectors.jpeg
I also put the maintainer on the battery since it has been three weeks not started, checked the fluids, and checked the air pressure in the tires. I’m driving 100+ miles to Phoenix on Monday to stock up on hand sanitizer and toilet paper....... NOT. I need to get 10 gallons of the white elastomeric roof coating for the house, some food items the local supermarket does not carry, specialty items from Trader Joes, and some Wally World crap. Wish me luck.
I did find nitrile gloves and some N95 face masks in the garage so I’ll take them JIK.

And I updated my build thread to return all the missing pictures! Unbelievable help was given to me as you cannot edit old posts yourself, yet.
To check it out: 1500 HT 136" ProMaster- plans

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cranked up the diesel after it’s 3 month Winter Slumber. This year it roughed it and stayed outside, uncovered. Covered in snow. Cranked right up like it was driven 10 minutes ago. It’s taking a trip today to beautiful Chelan, Wa. Practicing social distancing so won’t be stopping at any stores, just taking walks with the dogs.

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
Well the van went a total of 250+ miles after sitting since November just like 2much2c. Loved getting behind my diesel. Filled up just before the last 80 miles home and got 26mpg (25.998 mpg with extra significant digits in the calculation).

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just a few things on the cosmetics done lately. Still working on the inside setup, trying to figure out what I really want to do? Waiting on my benchseat frame build to install that.
1. Plasti-Dipped the front RAM logo
2. Re-badged the rear RAM logo
3. Found a small foreign badge on Ebay added in front for a little personal "flair"
3. Mounted the J Drip rail from Ebay over slider door. (Rained last night and NO water inside! :) )
4. Bedrug, bench seat, and sill plate installed on back doors. Waiting for more goodies to arrive to get the slider sill finished up.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I cut a big hole in my roof
View attachment 62092
Looks like the spot was made or a roof vent. So, are you going to finish the job before 'de rain hits 'de roof?

(The silver with the oak cabinets is a nice look. Almost all my cars are silver, but there were none to be found back in the olden days!)

1301 - 1320 of 1345 Posts