Ram Promaster Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1345 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like you know a bit more about charging macbooks than I do. Can you charge them off 12v systems as long as you have these 100 watt cables?
Your system is incredible cool, good job.
Actually I hate all Apple products but if your Windows, Android, or MAC laptop has USB-C charging and requires 90 watts or less to charge at full speed, you can use the parts that I listed without needing an inverter : )

·
Registered
233 Posts
I did the grab handle mod yesterday. I had ordered some M8 hexagonal rivnuts but the hexagons in that pillar smaller than the ones everywhere else. I wa a curious how much my 1/4-20 rivnuts would bulge so I tried one in an unused hole and it seemed to work so I just used the 1/4-20. I figure it’s a low risk place if it starts to come loose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I see the 12v converter there. So you have this thing just sitting inside the dash with the 2 cables plugged into that? I'd really like to do something like this off my house batteries as well to charge our mac books. But those converters are really expensive, ugh.

Your system is incredibly cool, good job.
You could use all these parts hooked-up to the house battery. I plan on doing that in the back of the van to charge stuff when we're not driving.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
105 Posts
Brought the solar panel wiring and an awning light thru the plastic housing for the backup camera. Used 3/8" right angle cable glands. Also removed the middle clearance lights to install a rear flood light. See if that passes inspection in VA. I can reinstall if I get hassled.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Brought the solar panel wiring and an awning light thru the plastic housing for the backup camera. Used 3/8" right angle cable glands. Also removed the middle clearance lights to install a rear flood light. See if that passes inspection in VA. I can reinstall if I get hassled. View attachment 61272 View attachment 61273
Looks good. Do you have a link to the awning light and how did you wire it (van battery, house battery, switch)?

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
105 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
Shading is a bad thing even in modern panels that compensate somewhat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Didn't actually DO anything to the PM today. But as I get sucked deeper and deeper into the medical industrial complex that is the VA system, I keep having to make more 60 mile round trips to the hospital. Really enjoy cruising in the PM! It still goes down the road like a new van. 20 mpg for the trip. Had it almost 5 years now and it has become my favorite van. Looking forwards to another trip in it to Florida next month.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I finished up my window screens this weekend. I decided to make them after doing the sliding door screen, because I felt like I needed more airflow in the van when at a campsite. (I don't have a roof fan)
Same deal as the slider, no-seeum mesh with neodymium magnets wrapped in cheap black material held together by fabric glue. I keep them under my mattress when not in use.
Since I already bought the mesh and fabric, I only had to buy a couple packs of the magnets from HD for around $15 to do both windows.
20200301_150632.jpg

20200301_150650.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,733 Posts
Put my trailer hitching this morning then drove over to the local ReStore to look for some solid surface material for the sink counter. Found a perfect piece to do the job and it even matches the sink! I got it all fabricated and installed this afternoon!

1261 - 1280 of 1345 Posts