Ram Promaster Forum banner

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Funny, just yesterday I was thinking of asking you for an update about the perforated vinyl. Must keep the heat a little at bay as well?
Anything that's on the outside of the glass helps. Looking back, I realized I usually had the windshield facing the sun this summer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This week I made a front cab bed from plywood to use in my RV. The length is 5'4" and I used extra mattresses that came with the RV. Both front seats rotate per Winnebago and now I can sleep up to 5 people. See photo.

MLogan
23D Trend
Smyrna, TN
5.4' Single Bed.JPG

·
Registered
34 Posts
bought my PM Friday afternoon, today was the 1st project. sanded the cargo area floor because of the gashes, scratches, etc. To avoid any rust after the flooring goes down I will paint with white rust-oleum tomorrow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We had a beautiful and cool sunny day today. I deep cleaned the rear hinges with soap & water and a old tooth brush. All that black and green stuff is gone now. Scrubbed the van all over, lubed up all hinges, rollers and lock cylinders and then treated all the plastic with Mothers "Back to Black". The old girl is looking pretty damned good right now! Once I flush and change the coolant, it is ready for winter!

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
We had a beautiful and cool sunny day today. I deep cleaned the rear hinges with soap & water and a old tooth brush. All that black and green stuff is gone now. Scrubbed the van all over, lubed up all hinges, rollers and lock cylinders and then treated all the plastic with Mothers "Back to Black". The old girl is looking pretty damned good right now! Once I flush and change the coolant, it is ready for winter!
Isn’t the coolant a long life OAT product good for 100,000 miles? The manual says:
"Flush and replace the engine coolant at 10 years or 150,000 miles (240,000 km) whichever comes first"

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
No delete feature when you post twice?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Isn’t the coolant a long life OAT product good for 100,000 miles? The manual says:
"Flush and replace the engine coolant at 10 years or 150,000 miles (240,000 km) whichever comes first"
it says change oil on pmc @ 10,000 miles.....i change @ 5000 to 6000 miles

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
But uralwrench has a Promaster Van. I don’t think we NEED to change it and I thought the move to these new products was partly to end the waste of doing so.
Back in the day when they said change it every year or so I usually left mine in util I needed a new hose or something else that required draining the radiator.
Yes in my diesel it says change the oil every 18,000 miles and I change it 10,000. Should I be changing my radiator fluid?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tucson's Welcome Wagon pack rat left us gifts on top of the engine. Went to Ace Hardware for a Rid-a-Rat device, but choked on $45 for a fancy LED light. Found two LED side marker lights on clearance, $3 each. Now there's a yellow glow under the hood tonight. We'll see how that works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I tend to do preventive maintenance items about 2x as often as recommended. 5 years is plenty on a load of coolant IMO. Especially in mostly city driving.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tucson's Welcome Wagon pack rat left us gifts on top of the engine. Went to Ace Hardware for a Rid-a-Rat device, but choked on $45 for a fancy LED light. Found two LED side marker lights on clearance, $3 each. Now there's a yellow glow under the hood tonight. We'll see how that works.
FWIW, pack rats are not deterred by yellow light. Off to look for some white LEDs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
About that rattle snake thing....... Rubber one? As a courtesy, notify any mechanic of it before they work on your van. There's a lot of sharp edges under there. Don't want anyone hurt as they back off fast being startled.
You don't want to be the guy they rig a toilet snake thingy up for in their rest room when you visit. You know the ones where you lift the lid and a monster jumps out at you? Wives are not pleased by battles of this sort. ;-)

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
Here in AZ we prefer a gopher snake or king or bull snake but a rattlesnake will do. All are common of course. Just having one near the yard where you park the van is enough. Compared to a diamondback the other is HUGE so the reaction can be a bit of a surprise. I had one hanging out near the man door of the garage and jumped a couple of feet every time he rested right at the threshold and I was on a rush out the door. Ever try to pick up both feet at once?
It won’t be easy to get but Harris’s hawks are perhaps the most effective in eliminating packrats, ground squirrels and any other vermin nearby. They hunt in family groups of three or four and stay in an area until every rodent is gone. Here is one with young near our house. Because they are used in falconry you might train one to live in your yard.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The horizontal panel above the cab (where the overhead storage bin is located) has a nice sharp unfinished sheet metal edge. I first tried to glue some vinyl material around that edge and tuck in into the seam, but the glue didn’t hold. Next up was to get some actual panel edging. This worked much better. Simply cut to length and push it in place.

Trim-Lok Edge Trim – Flexible, PVC Plastic Edge Protector

1101 - 1119 of 1119 Posts