Ram Promaster Forum banner
3061 - 3080 of 3105 Posts

·
Registered
Ramses is a white 2014 2500 159wb High Top
128 Posts
FINALLY starting to make my bed....with less than 5 weeks until I need to sleep in it.
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas

I'm s procrastinator, that's for sure.

Have a friend cutting my wall plywood this week, and that needs to get painted and installed before I go further on the bed, but I can now adequately measure the under-bed divider panel & wheel well covers, and get going on that. THEN I'll finish the bed, and though I'm hopefully I may get a little further than that, at least I'll have my bed.

·
Registered
2019 Promaster 3500 Silver high top 159"
100 Posts
An eventful day. I moved the van to my driveway to work on it (install table, adjust heater). Then:

1. Van got stuck in Drive and I couldn't remove the key or start. Shifter stuck in Park. Spent a good chunk of the morning figuring it out: the shift cable fell off the shift mechanism. Fortunately I have become pretty good at removing the trim under the dash so it was easy to pull off, look and see what the problem was.

2. installed a clone swinging table mount. It is Ok, but I'm guessing the Lagun mount would be well worth it. Unfortunately I procrastinated and wanted the table now, so ordered the mount from Amazon last night and got it this morning.

3. Finally performed the Webasto high altitude adjustment, Was very easy. Sure would be nice to have the lash-up that allows direct interaction with the heater (some sort of hacked OBD/usb device + S/W).

Tomorrow, assuming FCA can fix my shifter cable, I'll be filling the van in preparation to leave Tuesday morning for three weeks touring the four corners area...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Kogged together refrigerator cooler stand with storage underneath...

No I'm not a carpenter.... Wood on hand

would set up in van but suppose to rain this afternoon ... do not want to be stuck in lower half

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,446 Posts
Hmm, in a panic stop I can imagine that stand catapulting your cooler up over any obstacles and toward the windshield.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
probably use strap/bungle cord while traveling...there is multilayer stop between cargo front driving area
Chicken wire with wooden strips every 5 inches or so covered with beach towel with shoe rack hanging from ceiling....it would tend to bend and wrap up....with pmc no going to rear from front seats
It's wedged right now with scraps front to back

Any suggestions welcome...will try to level up when Scott up and secure to basement

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,446 Posts
All of that doesn't sound like much of a barrier, but a tie-down strap while traveling is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The barrier is more like aircraft carrier barrier if u miss the hooks just not military grade or metal that factory barriers use

just have all axes etc secured

·
Registered
79 Posts
I goofed on my solar install. The Victron 100/30 is good for 100v IN and 30A OUT not 100V in and 30A in. (Thought my 2x ~66v 5A panels were a perfect fit!)

Now I get to sell it, take a haircut, and upgrade!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,425 Posts
Modified My Rear Screen Actually, I remade it reusing the noseeum screen portion.

The original attached with Velcro at the ceiling. This was fine until I completed the curved corner pieces. Then it didn’t fit right and I didn’t want to cover those curves.

This version hangs from the underside of the rear structure.

It took me a while to figure how to do that because if I just hung it, the weight would tend to peel the Velcro apart. So I made a T-shaped "hanger". Velcro flat on top, screen hangs vertical from the bottom of the T. Stress on the Velcro is down the center seam.

There is no need to obstruct rear storage, so the bottom tucks under the bed and is held by Velcro—loop side stuck to top of bed board. This also keeps sheets, blankets, etc., from getting in the way of rear storage. As with the previous version, a full-width zipper with double pulls on both sides allows us to pass things between back and front.

In the daytime, it's pretty inconspicuous.

·
Registered
2021 3500 extended in Michigan
54 Posts
Today I cobbled up a preliminary front "step" so our legs won't be dangling like little kids when we swivel the seats. I may rebuild this to add some smalls storage or may leave it as is for shoe storage. Time will tell.....
Floor Wood Flooring Toy Automotive exterior
Wood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Floor

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
719 Posts
Today I cobbled up a preliminary front "step" so our legs won't be dangling like little kids when we swivel the seats. I may rebuild this to add some smalls storage or may leave it as is for shoe storage. Time will tell..... View attachment 78656 View attachment 78657
I like it. Run a router bit across the edges and put some finish on it?

On another note, a step from side to side is an excellent place to run wiring. I ran 2/0, 3/0 and many more wires thru that space. If you look at the space below the slider, there is ample space for wiring to follow the entire length of the slider. Handy if your batteries and electrical system is on the back passenger side. Not good for plumbing runs.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,425 Posts
Hook side is stuck to the bottom of the wood structure, and is therefore horizontal facing down..

I sewed the 1” loop side Velcro down the middle of a piece of ripstop nylon with about 2” fabric on each side of the Velcro. I then folded each side of fabric toward the back of the Velcro and sewed it in place with a seam down the middle of the Velcro. The second photo is the excess I cut off the end of that assembly.

Note that when the loop Velcro is horizontal facing up (to meet the hook that is facing down), the fabric that started out on each side of the loop Velcro is now vertical facing down. The Noseeum screen already had a fabric binding. I inserted that banding between the two vertical fabric sides and sewed the assembly together. Now when the loop Velcro is horizontal facing up, the screen is hanging vertical. The pull on the Velcro is along the center line, so it is not prone to peel off.

·
Registered
2020 159 HT (yep a white van man)
399 Posts
Kogged together refrigerator cooler stand with storage underneath...

No I'm not a carpenter.... Wood on hand

would set up in van but suppose to rain this afternoon ... do not want to be stuck in lower half

A tool no wood worker should be without

Reactions: baitbegger44##

·
Registered
399 Posts
Install rack for electric cooler
1 st pic Before
have 3 drawer plastic chest for sale

Other than the weight of the wood... this is a decent effort from a person claiming not to be a wood worker.

I was on the edge of using wood until the global Simpson's Paradox scam occurred. Then the prices well above other materials.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've been under the weather lately with a sinus infection. So, little was done worth mentioning.

But... Like a few people have shown, I added a hanging shoe organizer and it will hold a plethora of end odds.

Also, I helped a friend build his own version of my in-van get home bag.

To this end, I was surprised when I learned that he was not aware that the high tension ceramic insulators are perfectly designed for breaking vehicle glass using a fragment about the size of a nickel or larger. But, anyway... I broke such an insulator and gave him a few bits in a small burlap pouch.

He said he went home and tested it on a salvaged windscreen (trust but verify!). I did tell him to stand no less than 3 feet away and wear goggles.... he said he was sprayed with safety glass chunks first throw. Even got into his shoes.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
sometimes I use skill saw instead of table saw...why do they call it skill saw???
When couple extra screws and support for horizontal 2x4 it's good. Haha

Still working off wood score....if buying probably use 2x2 instead of 2x4

3061 - 3080 of 3105 Posts