Ram Promaster Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2549 Posts

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,742 Posts
I have decided it mostly looks like a prisoner transport vehicle. I might stencil that on the side and wear an orange jumpsuit. Then everytime I get out of the van I will run like heck just for the heck of it.
Your windows look good 👍

I looked at your photos first & thought it looks a bit like an armored vehicle, with the colour & windows and then I read your comments.

Nice Work !!

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
315 Posts
Finished up the insulation on the 2nd build.
I did this step on top of the 80mm Noico sound deadening. Ended up using 1/2" XPS on the floor (will be topped by 3/4" subfloor), 3" mineral wool on the walls and doors (trimmed down to about 2.5"), 1" XPS on the ceiling (just as I did on the first build), and Thinsulate SM600L in the rib sections.
Took it out on a test drive in the rain, and it was pretty quiet. It's already better than the first build that was just XPS, and it can only get better with the walls, wheel well boxes, ceiling, subfloor and carpet, and the rest of my belongings in there.

I forgot how long of a process this will be.

·
Registered
Promaster 3500 159” wheelbase, High Top, formerly a wheelchair/handicap transport
10 Posts
Yesterday, I painted the roof rack I’d ordered from American Van (www.AmericanVan.com) for my 159” Ext. It came entirely galvanized, but I wanted it white to match my van and make it blend in to the silhouette. I used white Rust-O-Leum “Topside Coat” Marine paint with a hardener catalyst. It turned out fantastic. I’m very pleased with the rust protection for the rack. Now I can test-fit the 4 solar panels and the 2 MaxxAir fans. My PM is a window van, but none open, so I want good airflow. So excited to be at this step!

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
336 Posts
Yesterday, I painted the roof rack I’d ordered from American Van (www.AmericanVan.com) for my 159” Ext. It came entirely galvanized, but I wanted it white to match my van and make it blend in to the silhouette. I used white Rust-O-Leum “Topside Coat” Marine paint with a hardener catalyst. It turned out fantastic. I’m very pleased with the rust protection for the rack. Now I can test-fit the 4 solar panels and the 2 MaxxAir fans. My PM is a window van, but none open, so I want good airflow. So excited to be at this step!
Pic's....we need pic's!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Installed LED headlights, used the Aukee ones that others here have used. Drilled and screwed the mounting rings onto the headlight reflectors instead of using RTV/glue, was pretty easy. Didn't take any pics, since plenty of others have documented the process. Haven't driven with them yet, but the difference parked in the driveway is amazing.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Installed LED headlights, used the Aukee ones that others here have used. Drilled and screwed the mounting rings onto the headlight reflectors instead of using RTV/glue, was pretty easy. Didn't take any pics, since plenty of others have documented the process. Haven't driven with them yet, but the difference parked in the driveway is amazing.
SMC,

I did mine a few weeks ago... haven't driven much. Last night I was driving the van at night...wow, what a difference!

Same Aukee LEDs, also installed with screws on the rings, many thanks to those who lead us through the process. I would have settled for longer life alone, but the whiteness of the light is impressive. I would say they are a lot brighter (I did highs and lows), but I did notice the difference when I was driving at night.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@proeddie , @supermoocow Are you guys using LEDs in just the high beams, or low and high?
I only did the lows, highs were okay before. We'll see how it is now, may do the highs down the road. Not sure if the bulbs were just crappy or what, but previously the lows were borderline useless if the road didn't have good reflectors/paint. I wanted to compare, so I just did the passenger side one and left the driver's side as the old bulb, and standing in front of the van with the lights on I could stare right at the old bulb and it wasn't that bright. I couldn't look at the LED side for more than a moment.

It's hard to justify not doing it, since the LEDs were like $32 for the set and it was easy to do. I used some leftover servo screws.

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
336 Posts
We had bad weather this week, 4.6" of rain in 12 hrs and a nice flood in my shop that was only 2.5" but left a nice 1/8" of silt on the floor. Anyway, my big PTO genny is not working and I was sure we would lose power so I bought a HF 2000 watt inverter genny that will be going with is in the Whale. The thing is very quiet and starts with one pull....so far.

·
Registered
Promaster 3500 159” wheelbase, High Top, formerly a wheelchair/handicap transport
10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2500 159"wb - 600w Solar, 300ah AGM, 8000btu AC, bathroom, full bed, garage
26 Posts
Well... After almost exactly a year ago I purchased a used 2019 159" 2500. As of today I am basically done (if that's actually a possibility). I have added lighting to the exterior, and built out the interior the way I wanted. It's been fun and I am happy with the build, now looking at my options. I have put 16000 miles in multiple trips, in different stages of the build and I am glad I did that because it made me evaluate some of my choices before it was too late. This forum was a great resource and I used things from it throughout. Anyway, here it is.

2481 - 2500 of 2549 Posts