Ram Promaster Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2090 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
You've got me beat! I have just 3 drawers on the first floor, in the kitchen cabinet. And mine in the basement have no hardware. They just slide in and out on the lower floor.

Then again, my 2 back drawers are 8 feet long (by 2 feet wide), and the side drawer is 4 feet long (by one foot wide). Instead if a drawer, next to my side drawer is an area 4' x 2' where I slide in my 2 Harbor Freight folding chairs.

Then again, you can slide a drawer open to get things that I have to open the couch top (or open my doors) to get!

Not sure where I would put all the "stuff" that's in my drawers. Never calculated before, but just figured that my drawer space is about 18 cubic feet.

To be sure, I prefer the drawer space over an extra 6" of air space over my head. ;)

Sounds like a new topic: Promasters, show us your drawers! Probably should transition this off the "what did you do today? thread"... or not...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ah, but then there's DRAWERS. Fourteen here plus the big food drawer hiding behind plus the three in the rear makes 18.

what color are u thinking for winter ????

nice green, can u do some blue with the green in some type pattern

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,939 Posts
what color are u thinking for winter ????
Exactly the same color. Just refreshing after 5 years of hard use. I’m also hopefully upgrading paint quality from SW ProClassic to Emerald—at least that's what the sales slip suggests. :oops: The white is still holding up fine, but it doesn’t get handled.

I may also add handles because arthritic hands are beginning to have a problem with the hand holes. Instead of replacing fronts, I may just add the handles below the holes.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Buy 1 inch dowel rod....i believe 4 ft long
Cut to desired lenght....drill hole bolt nut. paint as desire

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts

Only the best for me!

Just kidding. Many of you will know this is just a standard 2x3.

I'm starting my galley build and making it out of common lumber. I don't have the woodworking skills, so I'm just going for "sturdy". :D

Reactions: Deryn and Baxsie

·
Registered
132 Posts
I used 2x3 for my bed and cabinets. Been using the van daily for over a year without any issues.

·
Registered
526 Posts
. . . 2 × 3 × 1/4" steel . . .
I used 1.25x1.25 1/16 wall fot floor to ceiling posts. Plenty rigid for my use. About the same weight as a 2x3. Smaller cross section. But it takes a lot more time and tools. And the "sawdust" rusts :-(

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Just be sure to secure it so that the fabrication does not become a missile.
Agreed. Everything in the van is secured all 3 "dimensions".

Reactions: Baxsie

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Never heard of the Spruce Goose or the U-2 spy plane?
Yup, both wood.
Just be sure to secure it so that the fabrication does not become a missile.
Hey Hey !!

Or My Favorite "Mosquito" - If you can't out Gun Them - Better Out Run Them !!

@el Jefe These were all held together with glue and wood screws !!

Sitka spruce from Alaska and B.C. in the wing spar

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I may also add handles because arthritic hands are beginning to have a problem with the hand holes. Instead of replacing fronts, I may just add the handles below the holes.
Maybe you could simply add a 1-inch dowel or a similar piece of wood behind the hole to "bulk up" the area behind it so your hand can get a more comfy hold (i.e., more than just a fingertip grip on it).
I like the look of those holes and am not sure that adding handles would improve on that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Big day here - put gas in the van for the first time since July. Weather, air quality and health have kept us from going anywhere for months. Finally got out for a bike ride and picked up some gas on the way home.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,939 Posts
Travelvanvan and baitbeggar have both mentioned adding dowels instead of handles, but neither of us can figure out what you are talking about. Could we get a bit more description?

2061 - 2080 of 2090 Posts