Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread idea blatantly taken from the Sprinter forum. >:D

I'd like to say that I did something with my Promaster, but I don't think its even i n the build system yet. So I wait.

But, what did you do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hah! Perfect Thread. Today I lost money with my promaster :D. As it has been broken for weeks, and it will be another weeks before its fixed.

Cheers Mate!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Hah! Perfect Thread. Today I lost money with my promaster :D. As it has been broken for weeks, and it will be another weeks before its fixed.

Cheers Mate!

I believe the purpose is for people to say what they did TO their Promaster (ie. Changed the oil, tinted the windows, mounted rear speakers, etc.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
HID's and LED's and door speakers

And here's how the story goes; One of my head lamps burnt out and I decided to order a set of HID's from HIDExtra.com (55 watt, 6k Ultra whites CANBUS compatible.) to replace both headlamps. I was hoping to get a little bit better lighting and longevity from the bulb. I went ahead and ordered the H11 LED's for the Fog lamps, and some new door speakers for the PM as well from crutchfield, being they give an adapter kit for the wiring and fitment.
:eek: So the Goods arrive! After getting the headlamp assemblies removed, to my dismay, I discovered the H7 connector/ bulb retainer, was not the normal metal spring clip and separate electrical connector you would find on a US style H7 housing. On the PM the headlamp connectors and bulb retainers are combined and will not hold an HID aftermarket bulb. Arrgg! So I stared down the culprit, and decided I was going to make this work! After several hours, I ended up fabricating a bulb retention clip for one side, and then had to re-produce a duplicate for the other side! I'm not gonna do it again.! hopefully someone can scan and use a 3D printer to reproduce this thing for aftermarket HID application for the PM. I contacted the HID seller and let them know the PM issue with the bulb retainer.

Anyway, the HID endeavor was finally a success for me. The HID Ballast and capacitor will fit inside the massive headlight housing as well. So even the Dealer will not notice the difference if it ever needs service. The LED fog lamps and speakers went in without a problem and are good to go. If your thinking about HID's you need to look at the pictures I've posted to give you and idea of what path you may want to take. It's not for the faint of heart, but not totally impossible.;)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
This weekend we are gluing the Marmoleum floor to the ply underlayment-- in the house!!! We will transport it in sections to the van after the adhesive has cured. Main reason: application and curing require more consistent warmth than we we feel comfortable with in the van this time of year. Interesting perspective to see the van floor on the den floor.

In the van, I'm continuing to apply Dynamat and Thinsulate.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Today i bought a blower attachment for makita 18vt lion batteries.
And promptly used it to blow out the cab of my promaster. With both doors open, made sweeping out a thing of the past.
Road salt,gravel,cigar ashes,tobaccoo flakes,etc... i love it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Today i bought a blower attachment for makita 18vt lion batteries.
And promptly used it to blow out the cab of my promaster. With both doors open, made sweeping out a thing of the past.
Road salt,gravel,cigar ashes,tobaccoo flakes,etc... i love it.
Great idea!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Today I washed winter off of my truck. I discovered it was actually blue.
Nice looking rig David. I originally wanted blue, but decided on granite because the blue samples looked so bright. If I would have seen one before I ordered, I may have went back to blue. It sure is a nice deep tone. I was considering washing mine today also. I proved too lazy after working a few hours this morning. Mine's going in to get all the body moldings and front clip painted later this week. I'll let my buddy Tim at the body shop give it a bath.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice looking rig David. I originally wanted blue, but decided on granite because the blue samples looked so bright. If I would have seen one before I ordered, I may have went back to blue. It sure is a nice deep tone. I was considering washing mine today also. I proved too lazy after working a few hours this morning. Mine's going in to get all the body moldings and front clip painted later this week. I'll let my buddy Tim at the body shop give it a bath.
Thanks. Granite was one of my favorites as well, pretty much a coin flip with the blue. I'd like to see some pics after the paint goes on this week. That might be in my future too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey... Now I can legitimately add to this thread...

Picked up the PM last week, spent the weekend driving it around.

Started with the basics for the upcoming conversion: laid out the rough floorplan with blue tape. Its still a big open box, but it got real small real quick.

Also started taking it apart to see what I can and can not cover up. Learned that I need to keep access to the panels on the rear corners, as that is where you get access to the bolts to remove the rear lights to change bulbs. Rather important.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I tried my new Battery Doctor 150A Isolator with my aux battery. Works perfectly.

Trying to decide how heavy the wires need to be for the permanent hookup. I tested with #10 wire. Max charging was about 5-6 amps. I need to draw down the aux battery, then try again, so I can see what the maximum current draw is, I guess.

Ed

·
Registered
51 Posts
I added a 0-60 lb 1.5" pressure gauge to my boss rear airbags and watched the rear end go up and down. When I called my wife out to see she was less impressed than me. 40lb gives a nice ride height and adequate travel.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Used the van for overkill today. Had one bicycle loaded up in an otherwise empty van. Weekly time trial with the local cycling club on Tuesdays. Was nice not having to take a wheel off to get the bike inside.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Filled the van with three dirt bikes ready for the first summer onslaught! Track time for the boys tomorrow! Braap.

Yesterday, got a 12 volt coleman 40qt cooler! Contemplating buying an ARKPAK.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Today ... today ...

Today I gazed upon my ready new Promaster sitting quietly in the gentle rain, crystalline beads of anticipation rolled smoothly down its all-seeing windshield and brilliant alabaster sides. I could sense an eagerness, a restlessness in its gaze. "Take me" ... "Take me out" ... "Take me anywhere" ... its words came into my consciousness like some ancient undeniable truth. Dark remorse crept over my soul as I realized I must deny its faithful, fateful request. "Be patient my stalwart friend" I wanted to say. "Another day ... another day." I stood in my doorway for a moment or two admiring its sweet private beauty, wanting to reach out, to touch, to embrace, to comfort its innate yearning, to satisfy its dutiful hunger. But alas, the neighbors were watching and they already think I'm freakin' nuts. So I gazed back at my young Promaster and with my mind spoke "Tomorrow ... perhaps tomorrow we shall wash and wax poetic."

1 - 20 of 1076 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
211 Participants
Creid
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing