Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bad thing about having too many bells and whistles ...

I lent the van to a friend of mine for a day. And now, something's wrong.

Before, when I pressed the "lock" button on the remote, the orange indicators all around gave one short flash together with a beep, and the van was locked. This is the way the van came and this is what I want.

Now, when I press the "lock" button on the remote, there is the beep and the orange indicators come on and stay on all around. I left it for a few minutes and ran out of patience, the lights stayed on. Eventually I established that turning them off requires pressing the "lock" button again - there is another beep and then the indicators go off. This is NOT what I want. Too easy to leave those lights on and run the battery down.

Obviously someone pressed something, or selected something in a menu somewhere, and I have no clue what it might have been.

Anyone? How do I put it back to the way it was?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not the best solution, but disconnect the battery for several minutes and hope that the settings go back to factory default? the down side is that any custom settings you have made on anything else will be lost.

That being said, the way it is working now doesn't sound like a way that you should be able to configure it. I mean, why would anyone want to leave their parking lights on and have to press a second time to actually lock the doors? Is it possible that this has just started failing during the time you loaned out the vehicle? Or perhaps the is some fancy way of the system telling you that the remote battery is getting low, or that one of the doors isn't properly closed?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hmmmmmm... mine doesn't 'beep'.. but yes.. the amber lights flash and it locks and unlocks.. but i dit wait for the beep, cause theres none...only the sound of locks moving. If a door ia ajar, the lites flash for 5 seconds and nothing locks

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
Hmmmmmm... mine doesn't 'beep'.. but yes.. the amber lights flash and it locks and unlocks.. but i dit wait for the beep, cause theres none...only the sound of locks moving. If a door ia ajar, the lites flash for 5 seconds and nothing locks
Mine works the same way I think he has the extra security locks probably.

Take it to the dealer or ask them why first.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I lock mine, the amber lights come on and stay on. It's always been that way, but the van is locked. A second press of the lock button on the fob, turns off the lights. So, I press it twice.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ What you're describing is what mine is doing now.

I want it to go back to the way it was before, which didn't leave the lights on!

·
Registered
892 Posts
When I press lock, light flashes once, horn beeps once. If door ajar, beep is softer.

I have factory alarm if that changes anything

Crazy our vans work so many different ways.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Before, when I pressed the "lock" button on the remote, the orange indicators all around gave one short flash together with a beep, and the van was locked. This is the way the van came and this is what I want.

Now, when I press the "lock" button on the remote, there is the beep and the orange indicators come on and stay on all around. I left it for a few minutes and ran out of patience, the lights stayed on. Eventually I established that turning them off requires pressing the "lock" button again - there is another beep and then the indicators go off.
Happened to me too, but it came back eventually to "normal".

GapRunr has probably the solution, disconnecting the battery. For lost sttings, it's not a big deal, time and date has to be reset.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine works like Jimbombs. Horn has never beeped when I lock it.
I have found that disconnecting the battery to reset stuff is interesting. The time and date will reset themselves in a few minutes if I leave them alone. Maybe because mine came with the GPS built in?
If I have a door not shut properly, the ambers will flash a few times and nothing locks. I take that as a heads up to go look at the doors.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
538 Posts
I would love to get rid of the horn beep when I lock the doors. My 2017 with factory alarm has always beeped when locking.

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
It’s a setting on my 2020 uConnect that can be changed to only beep on the second push or disabled altogether.

·
Registered
2019 159 High Top - White, of course!
330 Posts
My 2019 2500 159 HT has never beeped or flashed. Just the click of the locks. When it works. The last place I lived they would rarely work, even if I walked aroud the vehicle. Since moving, they work flawlessly,even from inside the garage (van is outside in the carport).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Old thread bump! I eventually figured out that the lights switch off after a few minutes, so it's not a big deal ... but I never did figure out what button my friend pressed which got it doing that!

·
Registered
2018 2500 159-HR
192 Posts
Old thread bump! I eventually figured out that the lights switch off after a few minutes, so it's not a big deal ... but I never did figure out what button my friend pressed which got it doing that!
This happened to me also, but I was coincidentally waiting for factory fobs and a service call to program them, so the dealership made it go away. I don't remember the solution, unfortunately, and haven't seen it since (knock on wood).

·
Registered
2018 2500 159-HR
192 Posts
The time and date will reset themselves in a few minutes if I leave them alone. Maybe because mine came with the GPS built in?
I suspect that's the case. Whenever I've disconnected the battery, the time and date never came back and had to be reset by hand. I have the non-Nav UConnect 3.

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
385 Posts
I have same thing happen and the solution is to disconnect the battery for 10-30 sec. From what I understand is that I was working on the van and disconnected the battery with the key still on the ignition. As for the horn when locking the door, at least with 2018 and older, you can disable/enable with alfaobd app or you can have dealer do it to.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
985 Posts
As @keeponvaning wrote - at least on newer models you can disable the 'horn beep on lock' in UConnect. With ignition key On, hit the Settings button (gear-looking thing), scroll down to Doors & Locks, then select one of the three options. Like KOV, I have mine set to only beep on the 2nd key fob press of the lock button.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts