Ram Promaster Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Promaster 159 HR 2500, Silver
186 Posts
Alright, I'll play. First off, I love my van and would buy it again. But.....

-Seatbelt cuts into my neck. It is not adustable (swivel seat). I am not that short but have other attributes probably causing this. Nothing to be done other than buy a cushy neck protector thingy.

-Key fob does not have a panic button feature. I would hopefully never need this feature but I would appreciate having it.

-I have a driver side factory swivel but not a passenger one. I wish it had come with both. I bought it off the lot so just took what I could get and am fine with that

-No cd player? I guess I am too old fashioned. I should look into spotify but just haven't yet.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,425 Posts
Seatbelt cuts into my neck. It is not adustable (swivel seat).
I wish I had your problem. My passenger seat belt is so low it restrains my arm, not my shoulder. Driver belt is fine, and for the life of me, I cannot understand the discrepancy. I hope this flaw doesn’t cause the death of me.

MrNomer's most frequent complaint is that there's nothing to indicate when the wheels are straight. I've never heard of or seen such, but he wants it desperately.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
678 Posts
This is a valid peeve , DRL with no option to turn off denies the option to work /camp in stealth mode . For me there are locations /situations at work being seen could possibly lead to a good old fashioned beating 😁
If you take up a couple of clicks on the e brake lever it may turn off the DRL's.
This has worked in other vehicles I have owned.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,395 Posts
Hi,
I have to say I don't have problems with most of the things people have brought up. Certainly room for improvement in a few areas, but nothing major for me.

One thing that does bother me is that we made sure that we got a van with windows in the back doors and that nothing in our interior blocked the rear view mirrors view out the back - so we could have a normal rear view mirror view. But, the solid strip between the two windows is so wide that it blocks the the most important part of the rear view mirror view. You can hide a whole semi truck in that blocked area.
Luckily the side mirrors are very good, so its not really a safety issue - just an inconvenience.

Gary

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,446 Posts
One thing that does bother me is that we made sure that we got a van with windows in the back doors and that nothing in our interior blocked the rear view mirrors view out the back - so we could have a normal rear view mirror view. But, the solid strip between the two windows is so wide that it blocks the the most important part of the rear view mirror view. You can hide a whole semi truck in that blocked area.
Luckily the side mirrors are very good, so its not really a safety issue - just an inconvenience.

Gary
Yeah, I just turn the wheel slightly one way, then quickly back to get a peek. Same thing with the Tahoe my father (still) drives. The left door on the PM City is larger than the right so that wide strip of metal is offset. It's a good design and for the size of van that wider door isn't too big. Not sure that would be viable with our large doors, especially for the high tops, since the hinges (and maybe that whole rear corner of the van) would have to be significantly beefed up - imagine the wind catching a bigger door and swinging it around into the side of the van.

·
Registered
426 Posts
4. Annoyingly low cup holders.
We use the low cup holders for a tall cup that serves as our wastebasket in the front (we have a larger trash can in the mid section) and to hold items that we need occasionally, e.g., sunglasses. Instead, we use the cupholders in the doors for our water bottles while in transit.

·
Registered
2021ProMaster 2500 159" High top.
14 Posts
Our 2021 has a video rear-view mirror which we hadn't anticipated (or even heard of ) but it is amazing. We don't even need rear door windows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I absolutely hate the fact that if I turn off the air conditioning, then when I turn it back on, it doesn't return to its previous state, it defaults back to "Vent" mode and I have to punch the temperature button to reactivate the air conditioning. Why, why, why? Totally pointless.

My other pet peeve is the clipboard, but it's a minor one. It's pointless, but it doesn't make me angry, I'm just sad that they couldn't have come up with something better.

Another pet peeve is that place where you plug in a memory stick so the stereo can play it, it's buried so far back in that little cubby that it's very difficult to use.

So what are YOUR pet peeves?
My 2017 Promaster (in a 2018 RV) came with no backup cam and a terrible radio with no CD player. I had to spend money to fix both. It also came with no spare tire so I had to have one mounted on a rear door. These are all pretty standard items which should have been included.

·
Registered
2021ProMaster 2500 159" High top.
14 Posts
A simple thing that bugs us is the radio system: if we are in bluetooth mode (which we usually are on road trips) then turn off the van . . . when we turn it back on it defaults to radio mode, which of course is just static as we are traveling and not tuned to anything local. All our other vehicles turn back on to the prior mode. Worse, though, is that in order to change back to bluetooth mode, there is a pause as it boots up (static playing), then it loads a warning that it is dangerous to be distracted by the radio, then you need to press "accept" on the screen (accepting the warning message), THEN you can change modes.

A second, less annoying thing is the seat recline lever on our 2021 factory swivel seats, which are part of the front corner of the seat. You have to lean forward awkwardly to reach the thing, then pull it up but it's hard to be leaning back on the seat to force it back while leaning forward to grasp the lever.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,446 Posts
A simple thing that bugs us is the radio system: if we are in bluetooth mode (which we usually are on road trips) then turn off the van . . . when we turn it back on it defaults to radio mode, which of course is just static as we are traveling and not tuned to anything local. All our other vehicles turn back on to the prior mode. Worse, though, is that in order to change back to bluetooth mode, there is a pause as it boots up (static playing), then it loads a warning that it is dangerous to be distracted by the radio, then you need to press "accept" on the screen (accepting the warning message), THEN you can change modes.

A second, less annoying thing is the seat recline lever on our 2021 factory swivel seats, which are part of the front corner of the seat. You have to lean forward awkwardly to reach the thing, then pull it up but it's hard to be leaning back on the seat to force it back while leaning forward to grasp the lever.
Ah yes, that bluetooth thing is annoying. I've never had bluetooth in a vehicle before though, so it's a huge upgrade for me.

·
Registered
2021 PM 2500 HR 159WB
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
I love our 2021 Promaster 2500 High Roof 159WB... But the one thing that is occasionally annoying is the alert message "Sliding Door Open" on the dashboard stays on. No matter how hard or gently we slide the side door closed, the alert message still stays on. The work-around is that we always have to either keep the front windows down/open or the ceiling-roof vent open, while we slide the side door closed, then the alert "Sliding Door Open" will disappear. Otherwise, all is good. Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
742 Posts
I love our 2021 Promaster 2500 High Roof 159WB... But the one thing that is occasionally annoying is the alert message "Sliding Door Open" on the dashboard stays on. No matter how hard or gently we slide the side door closed, the alert message still stays on. The work-around is that we always have to either keep the front windows down/open or the ceiling-roof vent open, while we slide the side door closed, then the alert "Sliding Door Open" will disappear. Otherwise, all is good. Cheers 🍻
Did you happen to cover over the rear vents? (The small black panels in the back cargo area that look like dryer vents). Most 159' models have them and they allow the air pressure to equalize and the doors to easily close (Same as opening the windows).

There's also the possibility that the sensor on your sliding door is amiss. It's the black plastic panel on the backside of the door opening about midway up. On mine the plastic housing would wiggle slightly and cause the dash lights to go off. The fix was easy, just a small paper wedge behind the housing for the sensor and it's been trouble free for 3 years now.

·
Registered
2021 PM 2500 HR 159WB
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Hi Johnny. Thanks for the reply. I don't see any rear vents, so must've accidentally covered them when the insulation and the wooden walls were installed. Ohh well. I just became a habit to keep the roof vents open while closing the slide door. I'll also try your second suggestion. Thank you. Cheers 🍻.

·
Registered
2019 159 High Top
29 Posts
No matter how Ram and some owners justify the automatic downshifts on downhills, it
Is an insult
That we do not have control as drivers. What an annoying insult. Does anyone know if the new transmission on the 2022 version is better?

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
462 Posts
If you are outside the van, place your left hand flat on the back of the door, at the slide, and push inward as you pull the door closed, to seat the back of the door and get it to close.
From the inside - you just have to make sure that door is moving pretty fast so it will slam closed.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts