Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely hate the fact that if I turn off the air conditioning, then when I turn it back on, it doesn't return to its previous state, it defaults back to "Vent" mode and I have to punch the temperature button to reactivate the air conditioning. Why, why, why? Totally pointless.

My other pet peeve is the clipboard, but it's a minor one. It's pointless, but it doesn't make me angry, I'm just sad that they couldn't have come up with something better.

Another pet peeve is that place where you plug in a memory stick so the stereo can play it, it's buried so far back in that little cubby that it's very difficult to use.

So what are YOUR pet peeves?

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I absolutely hate the fact that if I turn off the air conditioning, then when I turn it back on, it doesn't return to its previous state, it defaults back to "Vent" mode and I have to punch the temperature button to reactivate the air conditioning. Why, why, why? Totally pointless.

My other pet peeve is the clipboard, but it's a minor one. It's pointless, but it doesn't make me angry, I'm just sad that they couldn't have come up with something better.

Another pet peeve is that place where you plug in a memory stick so the stereo can play it, it's buried so far back in that little cubby that it's very difficult to use.

So what are YOUR pet peeves?
Those are all valid peeves. The clipboard is a US requurement (maybe Canada also) so FCA has no control over that. The USB port is absolutely ridiculess (I unscrewed my and dragged it out more) and the AC is just dumb! No being able to lock & unlock all the doors at once is another.

·
Registered
961 Posts
-why on earth didnt they design the roof to drain water like every other vehicle? Puddles form in between the ribs on the roof even when parked on level ground. I have a feeling we're going to be talking about this in 10 years when rust has put holes in the roofs.

-why did they put the front seats so close together? The aisle way between the seats is way too narrow and there is a big gap between the front seats and the doors. My much narrower econoline had quite a bit more space between the front seats.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
472 Posts
Those are all valid peeves. The clipboard is a US requurement (maybe Canada also) so FCA has no control over that. The USB port is absolutely ridiculess (I unscrewed my and dragged it out more) and the AC is just dumb! No being able to lock & unlock all the doors at once is another.
All doors do lock at once , unlock no .

Reactions: Old Navy

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
True, my error 😩 but, it was 2 AM here on the Left Coast (in my defense).

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,504 Posts
That useless POS Uconnect head unit. What garbage. Sure, in 1987 it would have been pretty cool. But in a 2019? Sigh.

Here is the euro-spec clipboard:

Worth it just to not be continually insulted by the non-functional US "clipboard" shaped thing.

I agree on the seat spacing. Too narrow an aisle, too far from the doors (which makes the door arm rests useless - fix here). Although to be fair, moving the seats closer to the doors would make swiveling the seats more of a challenge.

Blinker stalk is too high, cruise is on the wrong side of the wheel.

Wheel needs to be closer to the seat so my legs can straighten out more.

But overall, I've had worse vehicles, most of this stuff I have worked around. It is an artifact of using a cheap work van as a recreational vehicle. Even with its warts, I like it.

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
499 Posts
I think 6th gear is going to drive me to drink....oh wait......

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
462 Posts
My nit would be that the various computer systems are overly sensitive, and declare "FAULT!" far too soon, and on far too little evidence. e.g., apply brake and gas and the system will decide the ESC hill-holder has a fault (no you silly silicon, I am just trying to get enough RPMs to charge the battery faster). And I do wish the steering wheel had some more tilt and more (ANY) extension, so that I could have my arms a bit more relaxed and yet have the seat far enough back for my legs to fit. And I will agree the stereo needs work - the speech recognition is almost useless. BUT, at least it doesn't barf on a 256G memory stick full of MP3, which the Kenwood I bought for my other vehicle simply cannot handle.
But that said - for a commercial vehicle the stereo is pretty competent, the steering wheel is something you get used to, and at least you know if there is a potential problem before you are immobilized.

·
Registered
744 Posts
1. Blocked access to the transmission fill port and the lack of stock dip stick.
2. Windows that don't go all the way down.
3. No tilt steering wheel.
4. Annoyingly low cup holders.
5. Wonky remote power locks.
6. No stock way of locking the rear doors in the open position.
7. Rear parking sensors that can't be shut off. (At least they can't on my 2015).
8. Cruise control that likes to annoy would be passers on slow inclines (Mine tends to speed up when someone is slowly passing me on the left).
9. Gas fill so far forward on the van. (When you're towing a long trailer, you basically have to take up an entire gas station parking lot).
10. Seat belt dinger!

Off the top of my head, those are probably my top 10 and IMO they're all fairly minor. Honestly, I really like my Promaster. It's a drastic improvement over the Ford and Dodge vans I've had in the past.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,434 Posts
What a thread! We've got this van that the other two brands look down on and these nit-picky details are the pet peeves? I'm lovin' it.

My pet peeve was the cup holders. A fix was my first project.

I can fit comfortably between the seats. I cannot on the Transit.

The radio does truly suck.

Why does the cab have to be black? It's a nice grey in Europe. I get tempted to paint it, but sure enough, it would scuff and look worse.

·
Registered
2017 PM2500, 159"WB
183 Posts
  • I wish the side door was the two barn door style, and had a foot step. That's by far my biggest pet peeve.
  • The seat recliner knobs, rather than levers.
  • The soft flooring around the cab
  • The sliding door handle feels cheap and like its eventually going need fixing/replacing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
  • The soft flooring around the cab
I long ago fixed mine with a piece of Lexan underneath my front carpet, so I had long forgot about that one! Are the new models still like this? That's a ridiculous oversight if Ram/FCA/Stella-whatever is still making the floor that way.

·
Registered
Ex-Amazon 2019 PM 2500 159" high roof in KS
341 Posts
I long ago fixed mine with a piece of Lexan underneath my front carpet, so I had long forgot about that one! Are the new models still like this? That's a ridiculous oversight if Ram/FCA/Stella-whatever is still making the floor that way.
The high heels post was amazing!

·
Registered
2020 Promaster 2500, 159wb
97 Posts
It's that emergency brake that stabs my leg every time I exit!

Cursing it daily and looking for the pool noodle protector!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts