Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Promaster 2500 159"
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m stuck trying to hardwire my Vantop 610 dashcam/rearview. I accidentally bought the V9F hardwire kit that one has one red wire (no yellow) instead of the V9H kit which has both. Vantop support said either would work for me.

The hardwire kit is supposed to connect to an “ACC” fuse slot. The provided fuses are 15 amp and I only have two 15 amp fuses in my fuse box:
  • F38 is the Central Locking (always on)
  • F36 is “ +30 (ACM – TPCU – RRM – DLC)” ....I don’t know what that translates to)
F51 is a 5 amp fuse for the rear camera, but my basic 2017 2500 did not come with a rearview camera. Could i just pull that and replace it with the fuse tap and only use the new 15 amp fuse?

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
365 Posts
The way that the fuse tap works is one slot is for your original fuse, the other for your new device. That being said, you want to find a fuse that is the same size or greater as the 15 amp for your dashcam. You can use a 15, or a 20. F47 and F48 are for the power windows, and can be used for your camera. Just make sure that you get the fuses in the proper location in the fuse tap.

·
Registered
2017 Promaster 2500 159"
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way that the fuse tap works is one slot is for your original fuse, the other for your new device. That being said, you want to find a fuse that is the same size or greater as the 15 amp for your dashcam. You can use a 15, or a 20. F47 and F48 are for the power windows, and can be used for your camera. Just make sure that you get the fuses in the proper location in the fuse tap.
Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know! I've really been pulling my hair out on this one - I thought I couldn't mix fuse sizes in the fuse tap. I'll use the power window slot (F48).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts