Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Man it seems the diesels are having a rough go! I have been lucky with my gas but have run into some Business Link issues with getting a loaner while they have my Pm in for service. Best of luck on the service.
Not to point fingers but the number of transmission and flex plate failures and a few gasser engines blowing are showing up too. Those are serious and some have been beyond warrantee. Now that it is 3yr 50K (?) more customers will pay for it themselves! A mid 2015 diesel seems to have no problems if it didn't sit in the heat for 8 months! Here is the caution. If you buy a 2015 from Oct 2014-March 2015 or any 2014 that has sat on a lot you MAY have DEF issues. The engine will not fail, FCA will take forever to fix it, and you will wish you had bought a mid 2015 or on diesel.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man it seems the diesels are having a rough go! I have been lucky with my gas but have run into some Business Link issues with getting a loaner while they have my Pm in for service. Best of luck on the service.
Not to point fingers but the number of transmission and flex plate failures and a few gasser engines blowing are showing up too. Those are serious and some have been beyond warrantee. Now that it is 3yr 50K (?) more customers will pay for it themselves! A mid 2015 diesel seems to have no problems if it didn't sit in the heat for 8 months! Here is the caution. If you buy a 2015 from Oct 2014-March 2015 or any 2014 that has sat on a lot you MAY have DEF issues. The engine will not fail, FCA will take forever to fix it, and you will wish you had bought a mid 2015 or on diesel.
My 2015 diesel built in Dec 2014 has 9800 miles and no DEF issues.., it's loaded with 2000 pounds most of the time with 50/50 city/hwy driving and even 2-3+ hours idle time per tank early on when 1st purchased (bought in Sept 2015 summer heat southern California 100-110° so A/C on most all day!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Had a chat with the service manager. They have the parts in. He said, (Paraphrased here) we're replacing the wiring harness on the left side of the van. I'm not sure what all that entails. I'll get to talk to the tech on Thursday.

hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Welp, I got it back today. ( I really missed her) :)

I'm attaching the service orders with some details of what they had to fix.

I can't wait to start working on the camper van build now!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,543 Posts
Quest,

Good to hear it's back! I'm amazed that it took 15 days to do what's on that list!

Now, on to the fun stuff. I predict it will take longer to do almost every thing you do to it than you have planned, but that's OK. Building it is at least half the fun!

Hope the road ahead is a lot smoother than the one you've been on,;)
Ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like the DEF fluid penetrated the electric section of the sensor unit and
then corroded the contacts and wiring of its connector..
Maybe that sensor unless they also replaced it will corrode the new connector also.. be worth keeping an eye on it..
I would unplug it from the tank and have a look at it while it is freshly installed
and then watch for signs of DEF fluid penetration over time.
Maybe it is a problem for more than one of the DEF level sensors ?
It would be nice to know how many they have had to replace...
Of course we will never know that...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have over 90k miles on our van. It is 2014. I have always filled the def tank at the pump at truck stops. It takes about 2 or 3 gallons about every 5k miles.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts