Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All.

I landed here after seeing jostalli's van for sale. I had been thinking hard about a Travato, but knew that I would want to make some changes. Jostalli's van had me really thinking about what I want - his van with inside bike storage. Then the Revel comes out and looks promising. But it turns out to have potential problems storing bikes in the back.

After seeing so many people here share their experiences doing things correctly, it is hard to accept the corner cutting that commercial manufacturers do.

So we are on the fence. I have the skills to outfit a van, but don't know if that's how I want to spend 2018. Also, my wife would like a van by Jan 1. Compared to the cost of a Revel, I could do a no compromise build and come out ahead.

Right now I think we are going to wait to see a Revel. Maybe we'll end up buying a used Travato and a van to build out (and still be ahead of a Revel!).

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Welcome. Once you have a van it shouldn’t take you that long to convert it, esp if you have the tools and skills. If you can work full time on it you could certainly finish it up with a few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Welcome. Once you have a van it shouldn’t take you that long to convert it, esp if you have the tools and skills. If you can work full time on it you could certainly finish it up with a few weeks.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouragement and to everyone for sharing so many great ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts