Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide if my design will be okay for the frame, suspension, traction, and longevity of the van.

I am putting in 2 - 350AH batteries. Together they weigh 375 pounds. I want to install them under the couch along the driver's side wall.
I am also installing a 25-gallon freshwater tank and 7-gallon grey water tank that will run on the passenger side and be around the right rear tire well. When that is at 25 gallons (average) it will weigh 208 pounds. The sink, fridge, and cooktop will be on the passenger side as well. I'm guessing this will total to about 100 pounds which should about balance the weight side to side. What are your thoughts? Will this be ok? Should I slide my batteries back to in front of the driver's side rear wheel well so the fore-aft weight is more balanced? Or keep the batts further forward to help with traction. I'm a bit worried about too much weight being at the rear.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
It will be fine. This van is built to carry 4,000 lbs. What you have is negligible. Hitch them down well. Good idea to balance them side to side though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with RD, that amount of weight is insignificant (but it doesn't hurt to balance it). My PM flatbed has a 500# crane on the right back corner. The truck tilts to the right. I don't worry about it very much.

I would be a little concerned about the fish tank sloshing with a fast stop or turn. Perhaps a partial divider / baffle in the center of the tank would be a good idea(?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts