Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How important is weight distribution? I plan to travel solo in my van and so I'm thinking out loud about where to place the batteries (leaning towards standard deep-cycle FLA golf-cart batteries).

Our PMs are FWD and so locating the batteries closer to the front is probably best. I've read of people putting them behind the driver's seat. Thing is, I travel solo. So this could mean 150-200 lbs of batteries + 160 lbs of me all on the left-hand side.

I guess I can try to balance things (bed, galley, fridge and 6-gal water jugs on the passenger's side).

Am I overthinking things (again)? Should I not worry about it? I don't think twice about carrying another adult in my daily driver (minivan) sitting behind me whilst the other seats are empty. But those are short distance runs and I intend to travel long distances in my PM.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,449 Posts
Put them where you want them and move on.

Signature line, Your planning to lightly camper-ize it.

My golf cart batteries are 65 lbs each.

It's an insignificant amount of weight if you going to do a minimal conversion. Payload Capacity - 4020 lb

·
Registered
523 Posts
I’ll tell you when my van is full of motorcycles I can’t really feel the difference. I think the van is sprung so stiffly in anticipation of being loaded with stuff from amazon etc that a few hundred pounds doesn’t matter much. But trying to balance the van if possible would be smart. Imhop, I mostly agree with Phil

·
Registered
52 Posts
FWD so anything ahead of the rear axle is still going to put weight on the front axle just depends how much. IMHO

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put them where you want them and move on.

Signature line, Your planning to lightly camper-ize it.

My golf cart batteries are 65 lbs each.

It's an insignificant amount of weight if you going to do a minimal conversion. Payload Capacity - 4020 lb
Awesome! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts