Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 159" HR
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Successful day installing my Webasto (STC 2000, petrol). When everything was ready to test, I connected my controller (the digital MultiControl) to the "user interface" port. No power. Did some digging and came to find out that that port is for the Rheostat controller, not the MultiControl.

The MultiControl goes in the "telestar/diagnostic" port near the fuse block. Worked, had power, started the heating process.

Problem is that the telestar port has about three inches of slack and the MultiControl has about 10. I'd have to keep it by my distribution panel which won't work...

Curious if others have experienced this? Anyone found an extension, or maybe a "user interface" attachment that makes it compatible with the MultiControl?

I need about twelve feet of cable if there's not a port conversion.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If you can't find an official extension, I had a similar problem with my Chinese parking heater. The cable for the control panel was too short. I cut it in half and solder-spliced a length of similar gauge multi-conductor jacketed cable in between the two ends.

·
Registered
2018 159" HR
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can't find an official extension, I had a similar problem with my Chinese parking heater. The cable for the control panel was too short. I cut it in half and solder-spliced a length of similar gauge multi-conductor jacketed cable in between the two ends.
Hey thanks. Great to know.

I did find an extension that's supposed to work (9031988A). Gets me about 9ft and hopefully retains all the warranty. I won't be able to mount it near all my other controls, but at least it won't be by the dist. panel which is intentionally hard to get to (kids...)

I'll update after install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts