Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Promaster 2500, 159 Full Height!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I got my Webasto 2000 STC in the mail (DHL) from heaters4you today! Super easy ordering process, everything was very smooth.
Now the all important mounting location question has come up. My original idea was to mount the heating unit directly behind the drivers seat on the floor of the cargo area. Maybe about 1" back from the step down. But having creeped around under the van and done some more looking I'm debating whether this is possible or prudent. It appears there might be clear area to route the piping through. Nut there also might be some interference from a cross member underneath the van. Also this location appears to be pretty close to the carbon canister. I still do very much like this location though.
While doing some research I came across the technical manual on doing marine installation of a 2000STC. Basically the whole unit mounts on a L bracket and the piping etc is router externally. Has anyone done this in a van. I suspecting a very short run of hoses inside the van in my case to sneak through the gap between the structural member on the bottom and the step wall of the van cab. All of hosing would be enclosed in a box of some sort, and a CO2 detector will be installed.

Or should I just put it under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,549 Posts
Put it here, in your intro post - Promasterforum.com Introduction Section
Sorry couldn't resist :)

This thread will get locked when the moderator makes his rounds and doesn't see an intro post.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
Thread closed until the op makes an introductory post

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.