Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have successfully installed my webasto airtop 2000STC with a rotary dial.

I purchased the "multicontrol" or "smartcontrol" digital timer thing. It looks better and I want to be able to set a timer for when I go snowboarding.

When I plug it in, it will not power up. Im obviously missing something. Has anyone else switched from the rotary dial to the digital display?

Thanks yall!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,964 Posts
Did you also unplug the rheostat?

EDIT: I saw your post in the other thread that you plugged the control into the rheostat spot. My ST—not STC—has separate, very different, connectors for the two controls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both the rheostat and the multicontrol have the same 4 prong connection and seem to fit the same in the connection. I do have the STC though... hmm...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there voltage at the connection?
I think I just learned how to "reply" properly. lol

The rheostat works as it should when plugged in. The green light appears and it seems to work fine, so I assume there is power going to the controller, but no power shows once the smartcontrol is plugged in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Call Webasto Tech. f they are working. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call Webasto Tech. f they are working. They are very helpful.
Yea, I spoke to Todd at Webasto today. He was very willing to help, but I guess they dont sell this item in the US so I still came up short of a definitive answer. We spent an hour looking at wiring diagrams and MAYBE I’ll start cutting, if I can’t find any other options.

I also emailed the folks where I got the heater from, but it’s pretty difficult to communicate. Yea, probably should have bought from Todd, I’m embarrassed I didn’t.

I guess the rotary dial works, so I can’t complain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts