Yeah I mounted it. Just didn't plug anything in yet. The pipes or anything.I can't help with finding a installer, but you've already mounted it? That's 85% of the work and the rest is basically plug and play. What part of the installation are you having trouble with?
I Would first ask at what altitude you expect this heater to perform. Before you expend $2-3k into what you think may be realistic. I would not want you to waste your money and have headache/heartbreak above 2k. Due diligence and download the manufacturer's manual, read the disclaimers. You cannot successfully clean the gasoline models when they coke up. You must buy a brand new burner. Check out the cost of a new burner and the labor cost to replace.Anybody know where I can get this installed? I mountrd it under the passenger seat but need some help putting it all together. Do you know anyone that can do it in the DFW area?
Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I can't help with finding a installer, but you've already mounted it? That's 85% of the work and the rest is basically plug and play. What part of the installation are you having trouble with?
okay well I took it all out and this is what I have figured out so far. Can you take a look?Cutting the holes and mounting it is definitely the hard part! I finished the rest of my install in a parking lot in under 2 hours. (I had rented a shop, but they did not show up, so I used their parking lot because I wanted heat and it was about cold)
Well that was good luck. Do you have the US version? I ordered one of the $150 burners but it did not fit. Do you have a link?To respond to el jefe, we recently ran our gas Webasto at about 9,500 feet, then 9,000 feet. After a few minutes at 9,000 feet, it started blowing cold air and gave an F02 error code—no flame. I tried several times more with the same result.
The next day, MrNomer found what appeared to be a huge chunk of carbon on the ground below the exhaust. When he handed it to me on a paper towel, I thought it curious that the chunk seemed to have layers. I examined it more closely and discovered it was a large well-cooked moth.
We figured our luck had run out after 3.5 good years, so ordered the burner and gaskets—~$150. We assumed the moth could have choked the exhaust enough to cause carbonation.
The kit is due in the mail tomorrow. Today, I cleared the cabinetry above the unit, then thought, "What have I got to lose?” I turned the rheostat, the unit fired right up and ran steadily until I shut it off 40 minutes later.
We will keep the kit on hand. Some day I assume we will need it. In the meantime, this baby is blowing 180° air heading into our fourth winter.
Logic would also be to suck the fuel from the tank to the fuel from the tank to the rubber fuel fuel line connector and collect it in a bottle. I have used a small manual vacuum pump that I use to collect oil and transmission oil for regular analysis by Blackstone.First step is to plug the wiring harness into the unit and route the wires out
Second, put the unit in place and screw it down.
The next thing I did was mount the fuel pump and plumb the fuel lines.
Then I connected the electrical connector from the unit to the fuel pump.
Last step underneath was connecting the air intake and exhaust, which need to be separated a bit
The from inside I made the electrical connection to my circuit breaker panel and plugged in my control unit, which looks like the one you have in the picture.
Turned it on and had to repeat the start up several times until the pump primed the fuel lines and then I had heat.