Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, we get this question a lot. It's pretty confusing. Anyway, that wire is for the SmarTemp controller temperature sensor. Here's a photo of where it should be connected:

View attachment 90216
Ah! Thank you!

On another note, I'm looking for a way to emergency stop the heater in case there is an issue.

I saw webasto sells an emergency shutoff that I think sits between the unit and the pump-out cable. If I disconnect the pump in case of emergency, is the webasto smart enough to go through the normal cool down cycle?

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,227 Posts
Finally finishing our webasto install, and there is an extra yellow wire floating by the plug.

I think it's for the diesel versions glow plug, but anyone know for sure?
Could be the diagnostic port for connecting to a computer to set parameters such as altitude compensation. ST/STC 2000 has a similar port.

What does your manual say?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a good question that I don't know the answer to. Let me check around and see what I can find out. Certainly wiring a switch inline with the 12VDC power supply would turn it off in an emergency but I'm not sure if that would be harmful (or how harmful) to the heater.

Ah! Thank you!

On another note, I'm looking for a way to emergency stop the heater in case there is an issue.

I saw webasto sells an emergency shutoff that I think sits between the unit and the pump-out cable. If I disconnect the pump in case of emergency, is the webasto smart enough to go through the normal cool down cycle?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had reached out to butlerteknik around the same time and apparently this is the preferred method to do an emergency shutdown of the heater.

Upon disconnect of the pump circuit the heater throws a fault and goes into cool down mode.

I'm rigging up a switch that can be triggered by our smoke detector right now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zwave smoke detector and home assistant in the van.

The heater will be connected to a relay controlled by HA. If there is a state change on the smoke detector, home assistant will open the circuit and disconnect the heater.

I'll do a writeup on it when it's done. Hardest part has been to find one of the plugs. I had to cannibalize a glow plug off ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts