Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice.

My Webasto Air Top 2000 ST cabin heater in my ‘17 PM 159” gasoline, is showing a F01 “No start” fault code (1 solid long pause flash after 5 quick flashes on the control knob).

I searched online for remedies but no clear explanations of what to repair in the heater. I’ve tried turning the heater off for 2 seconds to reset it but the fault code still shows after 2nd start up.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,806 Posts
You have air in your fuel line, quite possibly from letting the tank get into reserve before filling up. Depending on how bad it is, you may need to restart a number of times so the heater's fuel pump can get it purged.

MrNomer has learned that MsNomer gets antsy when he gets too cute looking for that cheap gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have air in your fuel line, quite possibly from letting the tank get into reserve before filling up. Depending on how bad it is, you may need to restart a number of times so the heater's fuel pump can get it purged.

MrNomer has learned that MsNomer gets antsy when he gets too cute looking for that cheap gas.
Good point! The van did sit on my driveway on a slope for a bit with a close to empty fuel tank. I can see how air may be in the full line to the heater. I'll restart the heater a few times to purge the air and fill the fuel line. The challenge is how to run the heater when it's 90 degrees outside... time to run my AC for a while.

I'll let you know how it works.

Thank you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Get the full manual on Butler technik.Sometimes the codes wont clear just by disconnecting power .I would get that code when I had a weak
battery /low volts /amps.If you keep trying to start the heater when it has given certain codes/multiple times it will lock out.To reset you need to turn it on pull fuse F1 for at least 10 seconds switch off heater .reinsert F1 fuse, switch on heater.When it starts up it turns on the fuel pump and glow plug which is the most demanding part of the cycle it seems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts