Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm on the list to get contacted as soon as the floor liner is available. They didn't even let me know yet. Must be very fresh news. I just ordered one too. It should help prevent the water & salt penetration through the front floor that causes the electrical corrosion problems. Wisconsin winter is right around the corner again.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the info! Just ordered mine. I've used their mats for years. Good product

·
Registered
81 Posts
How much is everyone paying for the floor mat? Prices here are usually inflated so I want to add in the dollar exchange to see what I should be paying.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How much is everyone paying for the floor mat? Prices here are usually inflated so I want to add in the dollar exchange to see what I should be paying.
I paid $139.95 plus $18.00 shipping plus $5.95 insurance for a total of $163.90. Not a lot more than the other one piece mat available for PM. Weathertech is very high quality and American made with American materials, and American machinery. Being that this is a brand new product (released on tuesday), I don't think you'll find them anywhere else yet. Weathertech is marketing them through Ebay and directly through their website. Both seem to be the exact same price. I'm sure they will be available elsewhere later, but this seems to be how they start out with new product. If no one else has yet, I'll post a pic of the mat installed. Fed Ex tracking says I should have it tomorrow.

·
Registered
810 Posts
waiting for the photos... Im curious to see if they are 1 piece from door sill to door sill...
$150 something is a LOT in my opinion.
Plus.. in between my seats, the center section seems to slope down to the cargo area..
Will the water drip down hill and roll off into the cargo area??
Will it have a 'catch basin' of sorts there at the lowest point??
I'll be anxious to read your revues and see the pictures.
thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Paid the same as Pete. There weren't any photos of the actual mats on the WeatherTech website yet, but I've had great luck with their products so I will give them a chance again. Always well designed and a great fit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
waiting for the photos... Im curious to see if they are 1 piece from door sill to door sill...
$150 something is a LOT in my opinion.
Plus.. in between my seats, the center section seems to slope down to the cargo area..
Will the water drip down hill and roll off into the cargo area??
Will it have a 'catch basin' of sorts there at the lowest point??
I'll be anxious to read your revues and see the pictures.
thanks
The description says it is a one piece tray. Most of their other mats of this type go from sill-plate to sill-plate. Just my guess, but I'm thinking it will have a raised lip creating a gutter of sorts that will span the area just in front of the seat brackets. I don't think there will be anything extending rearward between the seats. Many of us have the three person seating so there is no area between the seats. As for the price, its not that much more than the other one piece mats I've seen for the PM. I'll pay more if I believe it's better quality. I'll also pay more for an item that is manufactured in America. Not that there aren't fine quality items manufactured elsewhere, but the idea that everything we buy should be constantly cheaper and imported is driving my country broke. I had to think long and hard before purchasing a Mexican built PM. What finally drove me to that decision was Ford's failure to have 6'4" ceiling clearance in the medium roof Transit (the high roof transit is way too tall).

·
Registered
253 Posts
WeatherTech Floor Liner Pictures

My floor liner came today. The fit on the driver's side through the middle is perfect. The passenger's side seems a little tight front to back. I have a hinged door covering the toolbox area under the passenger's seat. I get the feeling the van WeatherTech designed the mat around may have not had this door. The liner looks like it would be a perfect fit if the door wasn't there. I still think it will do a fine job of protecting the floor. It's just a little bit snug. I'll be contacting WeatherTech to get their thoughts. Please let me know if any of you do not have the door in front of your toolbox as seen in the pics.
WT Liner 1.JPG

WT Liner 2.JPG

WT Liner 3.JPG

WT Liner 4.JPG

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the photos!!! Is that the only colot choice?
So far they're like a model T. You can have any color you like as long as its black.:D

Jim, does your passenger's seat have that hinged door on the front of it?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks Pete. About what I expected. WeatherTech looks like they done their usual fine job. I don't have that door on mine either.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My floor liner came today. The fit on the driver's side through the middle is perfect. The passenger's side seems a little tight front to back. I have a hinged door covering the toolbox area under the passenger's seat. I get the feeling the van WeatherTech designed the mat around may have not had this door. The liner looks like it would be a perfect fit if the door wasn't there. I still think it will do a fine job of protecting the floor. It's just a little bit snug. I'll be contacting WeatherTech to get their thoughts. Please let me know if any of you do not have the door in front of your toolbox as seen in the pics.
View attachment 2473

View attachment 2481

View attachment 2489

View attachment 2497

Nice fit! I don't have the tool box in mine. FedEx looks like they lost my mats since they were to be delivered yesterday but in limbo between Chicago and Detroit now the tracking said delivery "N/A". Nice work FedEx.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks my local supplier isn't a Weathertech dealer so he can't get one for me. There's another dealer in town, Lordco, but their pricing has always baffled me as to how they can charge so much and stay in business. Anyone know what the one piece factory floor mat looks like and how it fits? It's only $115Cdn so I might go that way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts