Ram Promaster Forum banner

Weather Tech Floor Mat

17K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  5Blaine 
#1 ·
Thought I would post a picture. The mat does a great job of covering the entire front area. Its perfectly formed to fit all the contours and has a small "lip" between the seats so anything spilled isn't going anywhere. Just wanted to protect the battery box and other electronics below the floor and keep sand and dirt from getting into all the cracks.

See less See more
#2 ·
yep, just got mine yesterday. it fit better than i thought. Definitely a great purchase. I was going to order the rubber cargo mat from the dealer. Has anyone ordered that? Does it have the cutouts for the tie downs? There is another non factory one on ebay for around $260. The dealer model looks better. Any info would be appreciated.

John

#3 ·
I can't say enough good about my dealer supplied rubber cargo mat. It fit my 159" PM perfectly. The tie downs are cut out and in the right place. It is super durable. I slid a giant piece of glass on this the other day and caused my first abrasion but it did not cut it. The glass was 100" x 60" and about 150lbs. with a razor edge. That is how much abuse this thing takes to even leave a decent mark. I am sure it will take years of abuse from me with glass and jagged heavy metal doors and frames being loaded and unloaded daily. If it is for cargo and normal duty use it will last forever. I rolled it out to see the fit and left it in there with no subfloor. The ridges of the steel floor barely telegraph through the rubber. I will save the weight and water retention of a wood sub floor and leave this be as is. 3 months of serious commercial use so far. It was somewhere around $300. Maybe a few bucks more. Feel free to ask me any questions.

#5 ·
I know I'll be wanting some floor mats for the front, and mine doesn't have a rear mat in it yet....so I'm subscribing to the thread to see what you guys say. I have had weather techs in other vehicles and I must say I love them, they are top notch

#6 ·
I've had my WeatherTech liner in about 3 months so far. It works well, but if you like to keep the water from slushy boots confined, you may want to keep an old bath towel rolled up and laying in the rearward portion of the liner. The side edges are not very high and the PM has a slope to its floor that makes the water accumulate at the rear edge of the liner. Then when I park on the slight side slope of my alley parking slab, or drive around corners, the water likes to roll off the edge of the liner and drip down into the door well. I didn't initially care if this happened, because it drains out of there eventually. I started to notice that the screws that hold the plastic door well liner in are already starting to rust. I also can't image the door bottoms will like the salty runoff over the long run. A rolled up bath towel can always be removed and washed if it gets too soaked. Of coarse, some of you won't have this snow related problem.

#7 ·
I have the Weather Tech liner in my van and my other two cars. I think the battery compartment cover design is terrible. It doesn't sit flush everywhere and it's just silly the way it leaves a big groove all around it for dirt and water/snow to get caught in. Some kind of a mat it a must in this vehicle. I,m happy with my my liner except that it's nearly impossible to get looking totally clean again after getting dirty. It kind of has a dull greyish look after cleaning, can't get it looking new unless you apply armorall or something. In order to not track excessive snow into the van I kick my shoes on the front tire, it's right there as you climb in.

#11 ·
I live about 15 minutes away from the weather tech facility so I just went there to purchase mine. The place is very upscale and incredibly busy. Had to wait in line to place my order and they have a coffee bar cafe with a barista that provides free drinks while your waiting for your order to be pulled. The woman who took my order said they had 101 in stock at the time. Just give them a call.

#13 ·
A question for anyone with the WeatherTech Promaster front mat. I pass back and forth from the drivers seat to the cargo area often. I know from time to time I would step on the raised back lip on floor mat which is there to help contain water. Will this break off easily or can it take occasional abuse?

#15 · (Edited)
I don't have to step in that area, as I have the dual passenger seat. I do often step on the edge near the driver's door and it always comes right back to shape. I think the material Weather Tech uses is very tough. About the worst thing for it is abrasion from sand and gravel under the driver's heel that doesn't get swept out often enough. It even holds up to that for quite a while before some wear starts to occur.

I should mention though that my mat did not fit around the hinged cargo door on the front of the passenger seat base. Some of the early production vans (including evidently the one that Weather Tech used to design the mat) didn't have this door. I found that there was a second ridge molded into the mat that could be trimmed out with a razor knife to make the mat fit much better around the door. From what I understand, there is also now a similar door available for the front of the driver's seat. I'm not sure if it requires trimming also. There are some pics of how mine fit before I trimmed it on the previous thread about this. The link is:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34962&page=2

#16 ·
Got my Weathertech carpet installed in my 2015 159". Part # 446481 for $175 CND. Fits like a glove. Tool box door doesn't seem to be a problem. It doesn't open that much anyway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.