Ram Promaster Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Administrator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
When making, moving or editing a thread you should see a "Prefix" option. You can add section prefixes to threads if you would like them to show up with those designations. Only mods will be able to add these prefixes once the window for editing has passed.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I seriously doubt a user is going to do that and it shows. So it falls on a moderator to manually do this? I call this feature a fail.

I guess I don't understand programming, you can put the option to label it, but you can't make it a required option?

·
Super Moderator
7,322 Posts
When making, moving or editing a thread you should see a "Prefix" option. You can add section prefixes to threads if you would like them to show up with those designations. Only mods will be able to add these prefixes once the window for editing has passed.
View attachment 58741

Please let me know if you have further questions.

-Gerrit
Good to know. I went through the City Forum and changed a bunch but Phil is correct - it is a PITA.

·
Administrator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I can understand that this would be a painful endeavour to take on, and we can absolutely work to develop this as a requirement; however it may work best if prefixes are used more commonly elsewhere in the forum so people would think to use them as they generate their threads. We're open to suggestions for more prefixes if you can think to generate more.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
385 Posts
... i like the prefix(es)... with the dark theme they are easy to spot/identify ... IF we were to have all posts with a (mandatory ?) prefix these could have the highlight colour vary pending subject ( such as yellow for PMC, green for Builds, red for Electrical, blue for Powertrain, and so on... makes it easier to know the subject background and might also serve to better keep us 'on topic' ... just my random input/thoughts here... ~ Steve

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey, the site was "down for maintenance" and I didn't get any kind of warning?
I lost like 10 minutes!
Do I get some kind of discount or rebate or something?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Hey, the green dot that indicates which members are online in a thread has disappeared?
It doesn't really matter, but I justed noticed it was gone.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Since I'm on a roll what's up with this statement?

Here they messed up, they have a passion for the Ford Transit USA Forum not the van :)

It should be we were the first to get the domain name.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
On a serious note, the online indicator light wasn't something worthy of attention or changing.
However, the "PM city" prefix shouldn't be optional. If you post in the PM city sub forum, the prefix should automatically be attached.
I don't know jack about web design. But that won't stop me from talking smack about how it "should" be.

·
Administrator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hey, the site was "down for maintenance" and I didn't get any kind of warning?
I lost like 10 minutes!
Do I get some kind of discount or rebate or something?
This will happen every tuesday so that we can keep the site updated. We have updates logged so you can see what is new right away. :)

Who advocated for that change? or are they screwing with us?
We thought decluttering the space around the avatar would help show them off better. Let us know what you think.

On a serious note, the online indicator light wasn't something worthy of attention or changing.
However, the "PM city" prefix shouldn't be optional. If you post in the PM city sub forum, the prefix should automatically be attached.
I don't know jack about web design. But that won't stop me from talking smack about how it "should" be.
We can not force a rule like that at the moment. Do you find that those who forget are newer? Perhaps this is a good way to spot members of the community who need help?

-Gerrit

101 - 120 of 139 Posts