Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Detroit and have a 2015 PM2500 diesel as my work van. stumbled across this forum while looking for ways to increase acceleration...

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I don't think there is any help here for increased acceleration. Welcome, and if you find diesel hot rod info we will love to hear it. Personally I'm happy with mine although I would like to get the 1-2 shift to happen faster. I haven't heard others asking for that faster acceleration either although many posters here are so old they probably shouldn't be accelerating faster anyways. Hey! I resemble that remark!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try a K&N and see if it get's any better. I wish there was a programmer available for these things... The 1-2 shift pisses me off too. I have started driving it with the auto-stick because that's the only way I can make it move, especially when merging on to the expressway. And if you have ever driven in Detroit you know that you better be up to 70-80 mph by the time you hit the bottom of the ramp or you're getting run off the road!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with RD. My take is that the PM diesel successfully balances emissions/power/economy. I think the only way to get more power (like the VW guys did on Jettas etc) is to cheat on emissions. Same with the folks that "chip" their diesels for more power, or more smoke (!!).

Rapid, head jerking acceleration is not the strong suite of the PM diesel it would seem (especially with the slow 1-2 shift). However I LOVE how it drives and use Manual Mode nearly all the time. But I am not in a hurry. If you really want acceleration and good throttle response then go with the gasser PM. But the gasser does not hum along at low RPMS like the diesel, nor is it nearly as smooth at highway speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts