Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just committed to a 2017 136" Cargo. Should be picking up next weekend Now, like many others, starting to scratch my head at the best way to install another row of seats. :-D

·
Super Moderator
10,486 Posts
Welcome and good luck. Most people seem to have the best luck (availability, price & size) with Tranist rear seats. I know from personal experience that Sprinter seats are very heavy and I wouldn’t recommend them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and good luck. Most people seem to have the best luck (availability, price & size) with Tranist rear seats. I know from personal experience that Sprinter seats are very heavy and I wouldn’t recommend them.
I'm leaning towards two Sienna recliners, mounted on l-track, with a steel brace under the vehicle u-wrapped the frame rails and through-bolted, through floor and frame rails. We'll see how that feasible that looks once I have it in hand. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just finished my 2nd roll bench seat from 2017 Mercedes Sprinter (3 seats). Had to do some mod with 2 brackets to make them work with PM cuz of the rib spacing doesn't match with the Sprinter brackets

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, don't have van yet and already spent around $2k. Gah. (3 windows, maxxfan, qstraint l track, unwin seat lockers, regular l track, cld and mlv sound deadener)

Looks like I'm going to at least start with transit seats as well -can't find decent grey sienna seats at a good price, and have a line on transit seats for a killer price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just finished my 2nd roll bench seat from 2017 Mercedes Sprinter (3 seats). Had to do some mod with 2 brackets to make them work with PM cuz of the rib spacing doesn't match with the Sprinter brackets
What did you do to reinforce the bolt holes?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since spacing btw the ribs height is about 1" x 2" W, i went and got 1" thick from HD and gorilla glue them and let them set over night and drill holes through them.
For expending wise imclosing to 5G already. Maxxair Fan (installed), Rear speakers (installed), Sprinter seat, Motion windows from both side and rear doors (coming-Jan time frame).
currently working on the floor insulation then 2nd house battery then ceiling/side insulations

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Officially a promaster owner! Picked this monster up last weekend in Missouri and drove it back to southern California. :-D

Did the fly and drive because it was the only 1500 I could find with factory swivels, with the bonuses of it being a 2017 (bigger rebates) and not white.

Also swung through Denver and picked up a set of takeout seats from a new Transit (3 person, 2 person, and 2 single person seats, $175 total) converted for use as a mobility van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unwin seat lockers

Hmmm, don't have van yet and already spent around $2k. Gah. (3 windows, maxxfan, qstraint l track, unwin seat lockers, regular l track, cld and mlv sound deadener)

Looks like I'm going to at least start with transit seats as well -can't find decent grey sienna seats at a good price, and have a line on transit seats for a killer price.
Where did you get the Unwin seat lockers? I am in Canada and having trouble finding them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts