Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pretty standard 12v water pump ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WYMC492/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and I've been using to feed water into my sink via interchangeable 3-5gallon jugs.

However, I often end up getting air bubbles or kinks or other problems with the water feed, despite having plenty of water left in the jug.

I'm just using 3/8" (Inside Diameter) black tubing, and running it down into the jug like a long straw. There's no PEX, no threaded connection, and no weight on the tube.

Does anyone else have the problem or some tips to prevent it?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I used a soft clear tube, same size and after I got the clamp connection on the vacuum side of the pump to not leak it has been fine. Quality clamp an attention to detail will make it work.

·
Super Moderator
10,185 Posts
I have the same pump with a flexible ⅜' feed line from my water tank and it sucks it dry. Have you checked for a pluck age in the pump or faucet? Sometimes I have to clean the strainer on my faucet or the pum will pulsate. Otherwise you may have a defective pump.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have the same pump with a flexible ⅜' feed line from my water tank and it sucks it dry. Have you checked for a pluck age in the pump or faucet? Sometimes I have to clean the strainer on my faucet or the pum will pulsate. Otherwise you may have a defective pump.
How long have you had the pump?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts