Ram Promaster Forum banner

Water Pooling in Door Well

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Jonathan McLeod 
#1 ·
Took the trim off the door well yesterday when installing wire from battery. Was not pleased to find 1/2" of dirty water in the well.

Although I've had the van nearly a year, it only has 32,300 miles on it. We were in Europe the three months Oklahoma had so much rain. The only time it has been driven in wet conditions was one trip in the snow Christmas time--no more than half a dozen entrances and exits and we knocked our boots as well as we could. So I'm guessing this water has set there for six months.

I couldn't get a photo to show it, but there is evidence water has dribbled down from the left foot rest in addition to coming through the screw holes. I don't know a way to stop it. I have a full mat to protect the battery compartment, but it doesn't protect that area. Then there's the issue of having something almost sealed so moisture gets in but can't get out.

Another concern is that with where I've put the battery box, it must be disconnected and removed before the bottom pillar trim can be removed before access to the well, so regular observation is not feasible.

See less See more
#4 ·
Check for water inside the plastic overhead compartment if you have one... or remove the dome light and check there as well. If you find water there as well then your cab lights are leaking and they'll need new gaskets.

In addition I believe there was was recall for for dealer to check fo corrosion for something like this.

#9 ·
When water came in thru my clearance lamps.. after it filled the dome light, it would run down the inside of the windshield and into the dash.
Its possibe that it could have continued down and filled the foot well. Maybe i should check mine.
How hard is it to remove the trim?

#13 ·
I found a evidence of a water leak, after my dealer, looked for water in the headliner.
He said he found no leak.
After a night of heavy rain, interior light full of water.
After removing the headliner a drying out the light, I poured a bucket of water over the clearance lights.
There is was, centre light, the water was running though the front screw insert.
It appears the tech, over tightened the screw and split the plastic insert.
Removed all the lights, removed the inserts, easy with the headliner out and siliconed all the inserts in, I put a dab in the holes, then reinstalled all the lights.
Next morning, poured some water on the roof, NO LEAK!
Thanks tech!
Dry now for the last month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.