Ram Promaster Forum banner

Water leak !!!

23K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  john.didia68 
#1 ·
I just posted about my flex plate issue. But i also wanted to start another thread about water leaks. It rains in Vegas from time to time and about a month back we got dumped on. I jump into my van and there was water dripping from my ceiling and onto my dash.

Turns out the rain was getting in from the overhead roof lights On the exterior roof. Some were not sealed properly. Also the interior roof panel was soaked. Luckily the dealer fixed the leak by replacing all the light seals and siliconed them as well as replaced my roof liner for free.

They also fixed my flex plate Issue all at once. Im not upset...but just shocked that my brand new van is having some random issues already...I am a bit worried that this van is going to give me more issues In the future. I still love the van...the size, the cost, the style, etc...but not ready to take it to the shop so soon or so often.

The dealer has been great...but wow. I dont think Ive ever owned a vehicle that leak water. smh.

Anyone else have this issue??

#2 ·
The leaking lights have been mentioned quite a few times on here.

Some had dealers fix, some did it ourselves...

It's a very small little seal on each lamp. Cheap and cheesy. Ram could have done things better...

#5 · (Edited)
If its any consolation, my previous van a 2008 Sprinter, had multiple issues way before it even hit 30k miles. I've never had to replace three sets of glow plugs, one driveshaft, one ECU, two crank position sensors, one camshaft sensor, one windshield washer bottle on any other vehicle in such a short mileage. Even the Sprinters leaked with the rooftop a/c systems on them. Is it to be expected? Absolutely not. These companies design their products and get them to the market place in a rush. it's probably cheaper to fix the existing issues rather than do a redesign until the next cycle.

...Oh, and a differential seal, transmission control module, and a torque converter. ****, I miss that van! LOL

#6 ·
Ive never owned a sprinter, but it took about 5 minutes of research to learn they were problematic overpriced nightmares. I figure i could buy 3 pms for the same money as one sprinter and the maintenance costs.

I have owned 2 benz cars. Problematic overpriced junk.

Reactions: Bconno
#14 ·
First big rain since the exterior cab lights were changed by the dealer. Water was running in again along the interior of the cab lining along the roof in the front. I pulled down the liner and saw water dripping from the screw holes for the lights, not the actual hole for the lights. Today I decided to try the fix I've heard folks do on here. I unscrewed the lights from the roof, cleaned the roof well around the lights. Put a bead of silicone around the lights and a bit more on or around the screw holes. Not we wait to see if this solves the problem. I appreciate you guys having this forum to share ideas and helping folks problem solving.

#17 ·
I just posted about my flex plate issue. But i also wanted to start another thread about water leaks. It rains in Vegas from time to time and about a month back we got dumped on. I jump into my van and there was water dripping from my ceiling and onto my dash.

Turns out the rain was getting in from the overhead roof lights On the exterior roof. Some were not sealed properly. Also the interior roof panel was soaked. Luckily the dealer fixed the leak by replacing all the light seals and siliconed them as well as replaced my roof liner for free.

They also fixed my flex plate Issue all at once. Im not upset...but just shocked that my brand new van is having some random issues already...I am a bit worried that this van is going to give me more issues In the future. I still love the van...the size, the cost, the style, etc...but not ready to take it to the shop so soon or so often.

The dealer has been great...but wow. I dont think Ive ever owned a vehicle that leak water. smh.

Anyone else have this issue??
Hello My name is Matt and I own Hometown Carpet Care here in Lompoc CA we use a 2014 Ram Promaster 1500 Van that has the truckmount Carpet Cleaning system. I bought the Van brand new and we've had nothing but problems with it here in there we are also experiencing the water leak through the dome light when it rains the factory never plugged in the rear license plate light so we had to remove the back door panel and plug it in I've had it in-and-out of the dealership multiple times for radiator issues and now we're experiencing something that's called the ESC code for Hill holder we weren't able to move the Shifter to put it in reverse yesterday it's just been a total nightmare with his Van and every time you take it to the dealer you your easily shell in out anywhere from $300 all the way up to I think one time was almost $1500 for services that we had done to it I'm on board with you man this is ridiculous for a brand new Van to have all these issues we don't even have 29000 miles on it and I've already replaced brakes and rotors as well.

#18 ·
Also after about 19,000 miles we were experiencing a knocking and ticking sound in the motor when idling and the dealer said it was the lifters or something and we havent had time to get it in for that but dealer said wasnt a major issue. Both of the wire looms for the back doors have broken apart, the back door lock latch doesnt catch properly as well. Also we have to manually lock back door now the remote wont lock the back door for some reason. I do love the Van for having the low deck height on the big barn door and it does have a ton of space in there but for these vans to be this new and having this many issues I'm really disappointed especially since we spent about $32000 brand new. I could go on and on about little things that have plagued us since we bought the van, but you get the idea.

#19 ·
Our 2021 PM was leaking like crazy from the center light area. It would poor all over the dash and soak the clip board area and cups when driving. It would drool from the center light area.

I decided to yank out the liner as I figured it would be an easy thing to locate however it has hardly dripped but twice since. Now I have the roof torn apart and I do not want to reinstall the liner until I find it. Once the snow is gone I will check each light carefully with a hose. The drips I do see are coming from the pinch weld at the windshield. I did see a couple lights had the bulbs not fully seated and one light had condensation so maybe that was 90% the issue.

#20 ·
I just posted about my flex plate issue. But i also wanted to start another thread about water leaks. It rains in Vegas from time to time and about a month back we got dumped on. I jump into my van and there was water dripping from my ceiling and onto my dash. Turns out the rain was getting in from the overhead roof lights On the exterior roof. Some were not sealed properly. Also the interior roof panel was soaked. Luckily the dealer fixed the leak by replacing all the light seals and siliconed them as well as replaced my roof liner for free. They also fixed my flex plate Issue all at once. Im not upset...but just shocked that my brand new van is having some random issues already...I am a bit worried that this van is going to give me more issues In the future. I still love the van...the size, the cost, the style, etc...but not ready to take it to the shop so soon or so often. The dealer has been great...but wow. I dont think Ive ever owned a vehicle that leak water. smh. Anyone else have this issue??
I have a 2023 pro-master and it leaks too !