Ram Promaster Forum banner
441 - 446 of 446 Posts

· Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,567 Posts
To cheap solutions, or you can make your own :)
1. Ducato Bonnet Air Vent Leak Solution.

2. aliexpress - $50, but since it's sent from Russia it's not available anymore. $135 from Kazakhstan.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
3,885 Posts
To cheap solutions, or you can make your own :)
1. Ducato Bonnet Air Vent Leak Solution.
2. aliexpress - $50, but since it's sent from Russia it's not available anymore. $135 from Kazakhstan.
View attachment 89806
I'm still not sure what leaks those things are supposed to fix. When the van is parked, I can see how they could help reduce the volume of water reaching and leaking through a poorly-mated cabin-air hood-to-enginebay gasket. But it seems with my van (and others?), the cowling is still the main source of leaks onto the intake manifold.

· Registered
2019 118" Silver
2,158 Posts
Putting caulk in the cowl gap helped some. My fresh air intake doesn't leak much until I open the hood, if it's been raining though then water just pours in everywhere as I lift it up so a simple cover over the engine seems the best solution. For now, anti-seizing the intake bolts is on my pre-winter checklist.

· Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,567 Posts
But it seems with my van (and others?), the cowling is still the main source of leaks onto the intake manifold.
Someone besides me may have an fresh air intake seal leak.

On mine (which is parked most of the time)
  • the window to cowl seam leaks, but not onto the manifold, solved that with electrical tape
  • the cowl center seam does leak on the manifold, solved that with Permatex black rtv
  • what I can't stop is the slow drip from the fresh air intake seal, so I cover the manifold

So far my bolts look like they did when I took photos of them years ago.

· Registered
7 Posts
you gotta make sure you keep the drains cleared and seal the cowl to the windshield. we use 2" wide vinyl to seal it.
its not the prettiest but to the untrained eye its barely noticeable and with some patients a better job could be done. we no longer have water on the engine.

we also sealed the edges with 3m window weld cause this is the area where my AC likes to drain.

I have big problem with water on the top engine. After windshield replaced worker don't put back drainage tube....Was strong rain at Dallas state and i got all red warnings at dashboard. Can drive at minimum speed to Waco city Ram dealership..
They checked engine and told one side engine heads is cracked and need to be replaced. 2 nights at hotel, Chrysler paid for parts about $700 i paid jus for labor $1.100.
Drove more 350.000 miles after repair, and swapped to new engine with transmission at 466k. mileage.
Yes, now all time tape bottom of windshield to protect from water getting to engine top.

· Registered
88 Posts
I haven't had a problem with water on the engine, but YouTube suggested this video to me, probably because it got the #ProMastersOnly seal of approval with a comment on the video by @Kip-on-truckin.

"Promaster Cowl Leak? Add an Engine Cover!"

441 - 446 of 446 Posts