Ram Promaster Forum banner

381 - 385 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
2021, 159, HR
15 Posts
It took all of two days for the leaf litter to block the tiny side drains on my new 2021 PM. I made a "leaf mask" out of leftover mosquito curtain material, and four 4-lb magnets. Super easy, and every well dressed PM needs a mask these days, right? It won't fix the leaks, but it will keep the cowling and windshield wipers clean. Magnets are sewn into four corner black pockets (third pic). Hardly visible from the street. Takes only seconds to remove before driving and then replace when back home.
Leaf mask front view.jpg Leaf mask side view.jpg Leaf mask side close up magnet.jpg

·
Registered
2021, 159, HR
15 Posts
It took all of two days for the leaf litter to block the tiny side drains on my new 2021 PM. I made a "leaf mask" out of leftover mosquito curtain material, and four 4-lb magnets. Super easy, and every well dressed PM needs a mask these days, right? It won't fix the leaks, but it will keep the cowling and windshield wipers clean. Magnets are sewn into four corner black pockets (third pic). Hardly visible from the street. Takes only seconds to remove before driving and then replace when back home.
View attachment 68338 View attachment 68339 View attachment 68340
Update: this helps, but not a whole lot. Leaves slide down from the roof and upper unmasked portion of the windshield. Some slide directly under the screen and collect in the cowling or onto the wipers, others pile up at the top of the mask and get dumped into the cowling as soon as you remove it. To really work, it would have to cover the entire vertical surface of the windshield, I now see.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,060 Posts
@Balero
Thanks for the follow up. The only issue I had to deal with were the small needle leaves from a Dawn Redwood. Trying to figure out how to keep the top edge tight to the windshield.

·
Registered
2021, 159, HR
15 Posts
Trying to figure out how to keep the top edge tight to the windshield.
Yep, that's my challenge too. Some sort of tape that sticks to glass without adhesive, and can be easily removed/reapplied? Maybe magnets? But that seems more trouble than it's worth; easiest I can figure is the extend the cover from the upper window edge all the way down to the cowling. But I have a high roof, so no idea how I would get it on/off on a regular basis.

Lemme know if you figure it out! We live in Texas, where there is a long, extended fall, then pollen (yes, so much that it can actually accumulate and need to be removed), then the spring leaf fall--basically tree litter year round falling on my PM.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,060 Posts
For those that are trying to stop water from overflowing into the wiper shaft hole and down onto wire connections.
Hadn't thought about this, but I saw them on the Transit, a grommet. I couldn't find a Promaster/Ducato one so I assume they are not available.
Wiper shaft arm grommets are out there.
I think some trimming might have to be done.

381 - 385 of 385 Posts