Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a PM 159" high roof and I just got the quote for the warranty. Here it is;

"The extended service contract available on the ProMaster is Commercial Coverage. Max Care 5yr/100,000 miles with a $100 deductible is $4275. Covers over 5000 components. My next step down is Added Care Plus $100 deductible 5yr/100,000 miles $3505 only covers a little over 800 components".

I am having a hard time digesting a warranty that cost 13% of the total. My PM came out to about $37,000. I have bought other warranties on other vehicles but never this much.

Did anyone buy a warranty and how much was it? Am I out of touch?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alot of that warranty is probably markup

anyone else care to share their warranty deals?
I used a CDI # to buy the PM. CDI is employee price and the dealer also gave me the $200 they get so there was zero margin for them on the sale. There is no way I will buy an extended warranty at even half that cost. The major items are covered under power train 5/100K anyways so 4500 to warranty the wiper motor, AC unit and some other bull that almost never fails is ridiculous.

·
Registered
180 Posts
At the electronics chains like best buy, extended warrantees are 15% of gross revenue and 50% of net profit. That said, I paid $800 for an extra 5 years (8 total) of coverage on a motorcycle. That policy paid for itself already, and might save me somewhere in the mid five figures before it's all over.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Extended warranties from dealers are negotiable in price just like the vehicle is. That is especially if it's a factory Chrysler warranty.
If you spend some time online, if you want, you can find dealers around the country that sell the Chrysler warranty at discounts. You do NOT have to buy factory warranties from your vehicle's selling dealer....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Extended warranties from dealers are negotiable in price just like the vehicle is. That is especially if it's a factory Chrysler warranty.
If you spend some time online, if you want, you can find dealers around the country that sell the Chrysler warranty at discounts. You do NOT have to buy factory warranties from your vehicle's selling dealer....

Hope this helps...
That is very interesting information. I had no idea that a warranty could be bought elsewhere but it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
473 Posts
miked, I've done this with GM warranties. Bought them from a dealer in Pennsylvania, (I'm in Kansas), at about a 15% discount from the local quote. Local guys told me I couldn't do that. I told them to show me where it says that in the warranty. It's just like going in to buy a part at John's Chevrolet that fits a car that was bought at Bill's Chevy. It's a GM part, not a dealer part.....
Same goes with Chrysler, Ford, Toyota etc. Now if you buy a dealer warranty, that's a different deal.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the 96 month 120k mile max care and 5 years of oil changes with my 2500 159" Promaster for $3,345.00.
I normally do no buy extended warranties but I did this time since this a first year production vehicle and due to the fine print exclusions in the power train warranty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the 96 month 120k mile max care and 5 years of oil changes with my 2500 159" Promaster for $3,345.00.
I normally do no buy extended warranties but I did this time since this a first year production vehicle and due to the fine print exclusions in the power train warranty.
That sounds like a good price for ext. coverage. I just read the entire warranty and did not notice any "fine print" out of the norm. Care to ad-lib on this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid 3250 for an extended warranty -7 years/100k. I have a feeling that this was not that great a deal- the salesman wore me down and it was late in the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts