Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Promaster wedded to a Dynomax Rev Motorhome.
At 7,000 miles the transmission went out. Sending white smoke in my rear view mirror. It turns out the holes in the transmission were miss drilled at the factory so it did not align to the engine correctly. This resulted in the transmission to twist, cracking the flywheel etc. Ten days later I had a new transmission. They did provide a free loaner vehicle, but I was out meals and lodging.

Now, at 14,000 miles the vehicle went into "limp mode". Three weeks later, it is still not fixed. They tried a new throttle body, oil pressure switch, accelerator position switch,crank sensor, ECM. I finally left town in the free rental. Who knows what all has been replaced since. I called yesterday and they are waiting for a back ordered accelerator.
I am approaching 30 days out of service in the first year. Anyone know about the lemon laws ? Do they apply ? Or, does anyone know who at Chrysler to contact ? The dealer seems to be guessing.
When it runs, it is awesome. 14.8 mpg. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Bummer. Is this a gasser or diesel?
The lemon laws vary by state. You'll have to look yours up. In CO it's 30 working days in the shop, or 3 times for the same issue. In your warranty or owners manual packet there should be something about who to contact for lemon law.
promaster customer service is (800) 763-8422

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a gasser. I was told a number of the transmissions were miss drilled at the factory. There was no recall, but they did take ownership of the problem.
I was wondering, is it the lemon law where I live, or the lemon law where I bought the vehicle ?
I still love the rig despite the issues....

·
Registered
96 Posts
In "most" states it's 30 consecutive days out of service, or 3 times during the original warranty period for the same defect.
Call FCA and start a case IMMEDIATELY!! If the problems persist, you have the right to demand a new vehicle. Since it's an RV, you may get jerked around a bit, but the Lemon Laws are usually pretty consumer friendly. After all, they were set in place to protect us. All I had to do was fire of an "or else" email to the head of Ram Customer relations and the District Manager, and they approved a replacement in 2 days. They really don't want a bunch of expense or bad press, but they will drag their feet till you bow up to them. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, New Mexico specifically denies the lemon law to RVs. So I will have to try the nice guy approach and not the tough guy approach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts