Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I forgot I had the vent fully open. A huge storm came through with blowing rain. This morning I had a small puddle on the floor behind the seat, easily wiped up by one paper towel. Above the bed would have been more troublesome.

This was an unusual circumstance, but foreseeable. At least I wasn't in Hattiesburg not far away.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does yours have the rain sensor? The one we had installed does and surprisingly it seems to work well. A few times while working on the van it started to rain and it closed automatically.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does yours have the rain sensor? The one we had installed does and surprisingly it seems to work well. A few times while working on the van it started to rain and it closed automatically.
Ours is the 7500 with the large hood. No sensor because normally it can stay open in the rain. As I said, this was an extreme circumstance.

·
Registered
763 Posts
We discovered snow leaps through the MaxxFan Deluxe Fan screens & low flying cloud drizzle jumps straight through too even with the lid open only a couple of inches.... but not much straight down rain, or rain while the van is moving & the vent hood is cracked an inch or two...

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
In contrast my Fantastic vent has no hood. I wanted it that way to have as low a profile as possible. I keep it open a couple of inches. It has no features except to power vent which it does well. Rain and wind is the combination that defeats it, probably what you had. As simple as it is i have only had a wet spot a couple times. It is quiet, exhausts (or pulls in) lots of air. I could get a shroud like the MaxxFan but it may not be that much better and I'd worry that my silent unit might be noisy driving. BTW this great fan/vent can be had for just over a hundred $.

·
Super Moderator
10,485 Posts
I've never had anything but air come or go thru my Maxxair. I have no idea if it has a rain sensor but I don't think so as I only keep it closed December thru February and I've never seen it close on its own.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have 2 Maxxairs, have never had water come in, and no noticeable noise when driving even when open.

I have 2 remote controls. Is there any way to prevent one control from not affecting both fans?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts