Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
No one here has been able to switch seats and have the airbags, seatbelt warning lights, etc work correctly. Hopefully someone will figure this out soon as there are a lot that want to switch!

Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, KOV! Do you know if anyone has put a drivers seat on the passenger side?

I got an offer from a forum member. He bought a set of junked seats. He's keeping the passenger seat for his own van and offered the driver's seat to me. If the bolts are the same, I think I'd just have to move the seat belt clip to the other side. Seems easy enough...

I'll be installing the electrical soon and pulling both seats. So, I'll find out in short order but figured I'd ask in case someone else has already done it on the forum. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The seats have an airbag in them along the exterior side. If you connect the wiring we don’t know for sure if the seatbelt would deploy. If that one did the airbag would blast into the center isle, probably not a good thing. I’d suggest getting a passenger seat and hope the wiring and computer update to a single seat comes along.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Yes, RD is correct. I do believe all the seat bases are the same but your problem will be warning lights and airbags. There are a few threads from those that have done it here. If you search you will discover them and see what actual problems you are facing then you can make your decision on how to proceed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks guys.

I am aware of the warning lights/airbag issue on the double to single swap but didn't realize the seat itself had an airbag in it (no wonder they're so expensive!).

I see now the issue of having a drivers seat installed on the passenger side... it would blow an airbag right at the driver. No bueno, indeed. I could live with the idea of the passenger airbag in the dash not deploying but potentially deploying an airbag at an unintended target is beyond my risk tolerance.

I'll be patient and find a passenger seat to install. At least then I'm only dealing with the airbags potentially not going off. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts