Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in another forum and it somehow disappeared? Maybe got deleted, not sure. Someone replied, but I never got their contact info.

I want to see if someone has their removed take off leaf springs. I removed the secondary and am noodling putting it back to get back some ride height, as I realized I want to do off road a lot more.

I'm in CO, but will be traveling all over the west coast, so can meet someone somewhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are going to be heading down towards Santa Fe I think mine are leaning against the shed gathering a wonderful patina. I installed airbags to adjust my height when needed but I like the softer ride and lower step up. Let me know if you're coming this direction.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just read your other post about removing the secondary spring and realized you are working with a 3500 and my springs are from a 136" 1500 LR. Different size?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a couple from a 1500 from a junkyard for $150 delivered to my door. I think that's worth it vs spending time/effort meeting someone out of CO haha. I'm lazy.....

I think the lower rate of the 1500 secondary could help. I'm going to try it and report back.....

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
No idea about the secondary springs having different rates. The mains do for sure and have several different numbers. No number on my old secondary.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if your ever close st St Louis we can meet up and have mine
I posted in another forum and it somehow disappeared? Maybe got deleted, not sure. Someone replied, but I never got their contact info.

I want to see if someone has their removed take off leaf springs. I removed the secondary and am noodling putting it back to get back some ride height, as I realized I want to do off road a lot more.

I'm in CO, but will be traveling all over the west coast, so can meet someone somewhere. Thanks!
I'm on my way to St Louis today, to pick up my promaster, driving back to LA through Denver (to pick up Transit seats). If you guys can coordinate something, I can deliver. ;)

Plan is pick up promaster first thing tomorrow morning, get to Denver late at night, pick up seats early Sunday then back on the road. :-D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offers guys. The $150 was too good to pass up, so they are coming here tomorrow :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts