Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm around 45xxx miles on my PM and i want to change my brake pads, i can't seem to find anything online and want something other than what the dealer carries... Anyone on here have any info or online links where i can order them?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
rockauto.com We have answered this before and there must be other places. Good luck let us know what you get and how they work.

·
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
I've used them on lots of cars with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them, myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used them on lots of cars with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them, myself.
on rockauto.com when i look up the brake pads; both centric sets are only for the front, the only difference between the two sets is that one is for a solid rear disc and the other is for a vented rear disc.. what about the rear pads??? are they the same as the front?

·
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
I. Wouldn't think so but I can't imagine the rear pads wearing out in under 100k miles, certainly not 45k!

I would call Rock up and ask and also check Amazon plus a few of your local parts stores. Prices can vary a lot but if you compare apples to apples and not oranges you should be fine. I don't remember my front ones being slotted and I've never had any reason to remove the rears so I can't say. I've never heard of a vehicle that used the same rotors F and Rear, mainly because the parking brake is usually shoes on the middle of the rear rotors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm surprised you need them so soon. I just replaced mine at 55,000, and I probably could've made it to 60,000 easy. I don't know if you ever did brakes on one of these before, but for the front you're going to need a 14 mm Allen wrench and the breaker bar to remove the caliper brackets. They used to red Loctite on the bolts and it takes some muscle the break them loose.
I got my parts from Rock Auto. Other than the Loctite giving me a hard time removing the caliper brackets, the fronts went fine. However when I got to the rear, the new rotors fit perfect, but the pads we're about a quarter of an inch too big. At this point I only had one side taken apart, so I put back together with the old parts. Before I put it back together, I traced the outline of one of the old brake pads on a piece of cardboard. I sent the pads back to Rock Auto and went to AutoZone. The pads they got me appear to be the same size as the ones from Rock Auto. I took one of the pads and put it over the outline I made of the original and yes, it's a quarter of an inch to big. So I'm interested to see how you make out with your rear brakes, or if anyone else had this problem. I kind of hate the thought of having to go to the dealer for brake pads.
Mine is a 2014 1500 v6.

·
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
I replaced my front pads and rotors at about 70k miles. $148 inc shipping for everything from Amazon. Took about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I ordered brake pads from MOPAR Parts.

https://www.moparpartscorp.com/auto...l-v6-flex-engine/brakes-cat/front-brakes-scat

They are still pretty expensive but they are Brembo and actually really good pads. My pads all wore evenly at all four corners and needed replacing at 65K. Probably could have put it off until 70-75K but they light came on and I didn't want to risk damaging the rotors.

My rears fit fine of course as they were the stock ones. They have light duty and heavy duty pads listed...I wonder if toaster2 might have got the heavy duty pads for light duty brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts