Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I finally found a wall liner for my 3500 from a company in Canada called Legends fleet solutions . A local upfitter is installing it for $1100 ...ouch . Also found a rubber cargo mat from Masterack for 275. but it will take 6 weeks for delivery . I'll try to post some pics when it's done

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is the point of a wall liner, especially for $1,100? Does it just stop you from scratching the inside of your ProMaster, or is it to protect your cargo?

Looking forward to pictures though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree 1100 is high for the liner 250. was for shipping it here. I'm hoping it prevents damage to the walls from the architectural salvage I haul. I had inquired about the factory wall panels but they couldn't get them. Anyway it was part of the rebate deal dodge offered for upfits so it was a little less painful

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am just not sure I would be willing to spend that kind of money just to protect the walls inside a cargo van. most people won't be seeing the inside of the Promaster anyway, and its not like I am driving the Promaster to look like the coolest guy around.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am just not sure I would be willing to spend that kind of money just to protect the walls inside a cargo van. most people won't be seeing the inside of the Promaster anyway, and its not like I am driving the Promaster to look like the coolest guy around.
Some might see it as an investment to make sure they keep their promaster in the best condition possible. Just partially a preference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should have been a little clearer on the liner I'm trying to prevent dents that show on the outside . I think there are pics at their website .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ram ProMaster Flooring and Wall Liners

Good Morning,

I saw this forum and decided to hop on and let you guys know where you can find this type of product.

We have dealers all across the United States and Canada, so finding someone near you shouldnt be too hard.

Just to go over a couple points, as mentioned, the Wall Liners do look great, but they do a lot more than just make the interior look good. They quite down the road noise that any of us that have driven any van for any distance hates, they also help to mediate the temperature, so helps keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Besides that, they protect the exterior of the vehicle, which is highly exposed, and one small dent can cost as much as $8-900 to fix and drops the resale value tremendously. That is ouch!

We also carry rubber matting, but much more popular than that is our UltraGrip flooring which is a rigid composite plastic with an extremely grippy surface. This get rid of the ribs and makes a great work loading floor that is 10x as durable as a rubber mat. Best of all, there is no 6 week lead time, we are ready to rumble.

Feel free to check out our website at www.legendfleetsolutions.com

Give me a call if you have any questions, my name is Kyle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I once put a rubber floor mat in an E150. Got it from the local Adrian Steel dealer. Spent all day trimming it, etc. Took it out the same day. Stunk the thing up. Really nasty. My advice: If you can smell anything at all when you crack open the shipping box, imagine the thing unfurled in a sealed, sun baked van.

·
Registered
48 Posts
@alarmguy and everyone else,

You are very right, that is a very big concern that we deal with very often.

All of our competitors use a recycled crumb rubber pressed with a poly-urethane glue because it is much less expensive, but you have the lower quality, and the smell to deal with, not to mention they do not stand up to gas and chemicals very well.

All of our rubber mats are made from a crumb rubber mixed with a virgin rubber compound, so you get much more durability, chemical resistance, and the smell is much more minimal.

Obviously rubber will always have a slight smell to it, since it is rubber, but our virgin compounds will smell very much less than the competitors you are speaking of, and even that smell will dissipate completely within a week or two.

Thanks a lot for you comment though, helps to get these things clarified.

Again, please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns at 866-223-2256.

Forgot to Mention, all of our mats are COMPLETELY pre-cut and require no trimming unless you are doing a custom application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Side wall panels

Hi all.

So I was trying to purchase the black sidewall panels shown in various sources on the web from the dealer immediately after purchasing the van, their parts dept said it wasn't listed in the catalogs yet. I couldn't find anything on the web, so I went to TAP Plastics and bought some black 3/32 ABS plastic sheets for roughly $20 a panel...I paneled the entire upper and lower sidewalls for $220, looks great almost OEM. I went to Harbor Freight tools and bought five packages of rubber interlocking flooring for $6.99 for a 4 pack of 24" X 24" panels, this of course is a temporary solution for flooring until something I like becomes available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sprinter van floor

Does anyone know where I can get a wood floor like the one in my '03 sprinter, it held up well for the 10 years I have owned it now I am waiting for my promaster I ordered the partition but now need a floor I can drag furnaces and condensing units across

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a wood floor like the one in my '03 sprinter, it held up well for the 10 years I have owned it now I am waiting for my promaster I ordered the partition but now need a floor I can drag furnaces and condensing units across
You can order the ProMaster with a wood floor. See if your dealer can get this in your order. They may have to work through their local Chrysler rep.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
You can order the ProMaster with a wood floor. See if your dealer can get this in your order. They may have to work through their local Chrysler rep.
Can't have both, If you order the partition,the wood floor cancels out.
If you order the wood floor the partition cancels out.
janeb can you try it on your pc?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts