Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey good PM folks! I'm looking to cover the white interior metal with a fabric. I've tried to buy some, but it came too stiff and wouldn't bend over and around easily. I've got wood up on a lot of the areas, but I'd like to cover the remaining wall space. Any suggestions? I've searched the forums, but found little. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Ask at a fabric store. JoAnns is a national chain that has big sales all the time. Look into headliner or trunk liner material also.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go to a store that sells auto upholstery supplies and fabric. They should have stuff made exactly for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Joann's has both headliner material as KOV pointed out and an adhesive for it that works great. Get a 40% off coupon from someone as no one sane ever pays retail at Joann's. I used the tan and it looks nice. I have also glued inexpensive carpet from H-D on some surfaces with good results but it does not stretch at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks, I'll look into this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've also used the Joans fabric on car interiors. I had better adhesion with the Weldwood contact cement found at Lowes. Brush on both sides. Use wax paper to keep them from adhering together and work it/ slide it along as you stick the material together. ( hope that makes sense )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts