Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All New member here Saw an ad for the promaster back in November ran down to the dealer and ordered a 1500 low roof a couple of days later. That was Nov 11, delivery date is around feb 4th. Anybody know why it takes so long. Any new car I ever ordered usually only took about 4 weeks. Man this waiting blows

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there
I ordered mine 1500 136 LR on 29th of Nov , just came back from a dealership and it will be ready Apr 1st . Long , long wait .
Good Luck to all waiting ones.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Either backlog of orders... or a shortage of some part specific to your order.

While it does take time to get a vehicle from the assembly in Mexico to you, it's not THAT long.

I think if I find it workable for me, I'm going to try to find one on a dealer's lot somewhere. Waiting that long would be a killer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes the wait totally sucks! I ordered on October 20th and mine is due sometime in the week of January 8. This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered and I'm getting really antsy as it's also my first van!

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have a few on the lots here in michigan. April is way too long. Heck by then the diesel version and the transit should be out lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, at least you got a date. I ordered my 1500 low roof 118" WB on November 13th. The dealer told me it would be in sometime after the 1st of the year. I guess its a good thing that they only sold 828 Promasters in all of November or we may not get them until June! One would think that in this day in age that you could produce these a little faster. I went through this same crap with Ford back in 99 with a van I ordered. The dealer told me two months tops, no problem. After four and a half months I told him to keep it and bought another van from a different dealer. I hope I'm not going down that same road again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, at least you got a date. I ordered my 1500 low roof 118" WB on November 13th. The dealer told me it would be in sometime after the 1st of the year. I guess its a good thing that they only sold 828 Promasters in all of November or we may not get them until June! One would think that in this day in age that you could produce these a little faster. I went through this same crap with Ford back in 99 with a van I ordered. The dealer told me two months tops, no problem. After four and a half months I told him to keep it and bought another van from a different dealer. I hope I'm not going down that same road again.
I suppose we live in an "on demand" world and I wish that with all of the technological advancements that there would be some sort of continual automated progress communication. The VOTS (vehicle order tracking system) is meh. So after feeling like I was in the dark on timeframe, I called RAM myself about once a week over the past few weeks. The last gentleman I spoke with was very helpful on basically telling me what stage my van was at and an approximate eta. It basically coincides with what the dealer gave me about a month ago but I don't like the silent treatment! Lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also call RAM myself a couple times a week and get the same results. Very friendly and give me an approximate delivery date but no reason why it takes so long.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I suppose we live in an "on demand" world and I wish that with all of the technological advancements that there would be some sort of continual automated progress communication. The VOTS (vehicle order tracking system) is meh. So after feeling like I was in the dark on timeframe, I called RAM myself about once a week over the past few weeks. The last gentleman I spoke with was very helpful on basically telling me what stage my van was at and an approximate eta. It basically coincides with what the dealer gave me about a month ago but I don't like the silent treatment! Lol
Yeah, I know what you mean about the "silent treatment". My dealer told me that now that they have my email address, Dodge would keep me up to date as to what was happening with my Promaster. I thought that well, OK, first I'll get a thank you for buying a Promaster, but nothing. Then last week I got a caned email from my dealer wondering when I was going to purchase a Promaster. This is not the email I wanted.
I wonder if anybody knows just how many of these they can produce in a day?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I also call RAM myself a couple times a week and get the same results. Very friendly and give me an approximate delivery date but no reason why it takes so long.
Well, lets just all hope that they are taking their sweet time and building us some real nice vans.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't blame your dealer. We had no idea things would take so long. Right now figuring three months from order to lot.

That said, there are plenty of PM's on dealers lots. look around. Check the Ram website, build one. You will then get a list of dealers near your zipcode.

If you're in Texas contact me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don't blame your dealer. We had no idea things would take so long. Right now figuring three months from order to lot.

That said, there are plenty of PM's on dealers lots. look around. Check the Ram website, build one. You will then get a list of dealers near your zipcode.

If you're in Texas contact me.
janeb, what is the best guess on what is causing the backlog so to speak? 12-16 weeks is an unusually long ordering time for a North American produced vehicle vs European, or far east sources.
I ordered a Dodge pickup back in 1973 that took 22 weeks for it to get here from Michigan, but there was a good reason. The US Military had just placed a big order for 1/2 ton Power Wagons from Chrysler. Mine was a civilian Power Wagon

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe it's not a delay, but just the time it takes to fill the distribution channels. Normal business.

Look at the new iPhone releases. Every time, it takes months before there is enough inventory in the distribution channel to make lead time reach a "normal" state.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts