Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, after gaining much benefit from this forum I am coming out. We live in Anchorage, AK and ordered a sandstone 3500 Ext. diesel from Russ Ficek at NW Jeep in Beaverton OR. Scheduled to ship mid April just shy of 13 weeks from date ordered. We're on the wait list at Van Specialties for our build. I admire all you do it yourselfers out there. For us we anxious to let others help us so we can hit the road.

We are still working design details. Our use will be mostly "lower 48", with room for bikes and other toys under raised platform bed. Evaluating occasional safe 3 point seat belt seating for two passengers without sacrificing too much space. Possibly Freedman foldaway seats behind driver. Solar, diesel heat and hot water, probably cassette head.

All the help here as been indispensable from Promaster vs. Sprinter, DEF issues, design ideas, dealer recommendations, the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Thanks for coming out. Others will be more likely to post up their purchases and conversions because you have the courage to share your previously hidden secret. Welcome! You're gonna love that van!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, akrrogers. Did you take ownership of your van yet? I also bought my 136" PM from Russ Ficek. He's a great guy (or seemed to be; I certainly found him to be a breeze to work with).

I, too, am on the waitlist for Van Specialties. It'll be a year come April for me. Now they're saying July or August for my build. Sixteen months.:eek:

I've stopped in at Van Specialties' shop a few times over the last year. They're crazy busy right now, parking lot is full, waitlists slipping, seem to be a little stressed, actually, in the office. Hopefully you were lucky enough to get on their waitlist well before you got your van. I wasn't so wise. (Nah, really, I just wasn't ready to commit at the time.)

Anyways, if you're lucky enough to have started working with V.S. already, I'd be interested to hear how it's going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts